Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lead bullets from Missouri bullet company

Hotsauce

I ordered some on Monday and they were here in 2 days, that is awesome. But here is the question, I ordered 500 of 200gr swc in 18 brinell and 12 brinell. I understand the 18 are for faster velocities. But since I do not have a chrono, should I just load at the higher of the recommended scale out of the Lyman book? I don't recall the actual numbers, but if the low grain is 4.1 and the high is 5.2, should I start with the 4.1 on the 12 brinell bullets and the 5.2 on the 18?

major pf? Remember I am new, what is pf?

PF=Power Factor and/or Power Floor

Some examples-Minor PF for USPSA and IDPA Stock Service Pistol (SSP) and Enhanced Service Pistol (ESP) is 125. Major PF for USPSA and IDPA Custom Defense Pistol (CDP) is 165. These are the minimums.

Power Factor/Floor is calculated by multiplying muzzle velocity (of bullet shot over a chronograph) by bullet weight and dividing by 1000. Your ammunition needs to meet the minimum PF for each division you shoot in. If it does not you could, in some cases, shoot for minor scoring (which is scored less than major) and/or disqualified from the match.

For instance... a 147gr bullet traveling at 865fps would have a calculated power factor of 127 (147x865/1000=127.155)

Hope this helps.

Edited by dsmw5142