Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new member from nh

sig chaser

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am new to this forum but not to shooting, I have been shooting handguns for 8 years now and shot in my first idpa match last year (I came in 14 out of 42 overall and 8th out of 28 in my division ssp) I work in LE and would like to become a better shooter. I will be attending an intermediate pistol course at sig next month and hope to learn some new stuff as well as reviewing the basics. If I had to pin down my weak points I would say number one is speed. I am (or maybe just feel I haven't got a timer yet) slow from shot to shot. Another area where I could use some fine tuning is in accuracy I tend to shoot in the 4-5 inch range for groups from 10yards out to 20 or so and can't seem to get the consistency I would like. My strong point would be my draw I tend to be fast to the gun and quick onto the target. Anyway I look forward to learning as much as I can here. Thanks

Welcome aboard! This is a awesome forum, with nice people and great information. Please let us know how the SIG course goes. My wife and I have been considering trying some at SIG or S&W.

I am not sure if it is to far of a drive? GMPS is holding a new shooters clininc in April.

Spring is coming......I think?

Yeah I'm keeping my fingers crossed for spring too lol but in new england who knows when the snow will stop. I will keep you guys updated about the course I am pretty excited because it is going to be my first professionally instructed course. Up until now its generally been a teach myself type of thing even during the 40 hours of training we had for my work ( there were a lot of struggling people there so myself and a couple others who were ok kind of got told to just keep doing what we were doing rather then attempt to make us better). It should be a good course a call to the training director up there said it readdresses some basics and then moves into reloads shooting while moving, shooting movers and multiple target engagments. As to how far it is for you I don't know if you're. Firmilar with nh but its about 10-15 minutes from hampton beach.

• 5 months later...