Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Sedalia, Mo

Szudajski

Sedalia was part of my old stomping grounds a few years ago. (I lived in Columbia, and at times I really miss it.)

There are some very good USPSA shooters from Sedalia who travel to Jeff City pretty regularly to shoot at United Sportsmans Club. I highly recommend you head over there for a Saturday USPSA match or one of the weekly (during nice weather months) Thursday night practice matches. There isn't a nicer group of pistol shooters anywhere in the world than at that club.

Between Green Valley (Hallsville), United Sportsmens Club (Jeff City), COPS (Rolla), and Higginsville, plus the CMMG 3-gun match in Fayette.... there aren't many better places to live than central Missouri if you are a shooter.

USPSA shooting translates well into preparing for 3-gun, as far as planning how to shoot a stage, understanding the fundamentals of safety, as well as learning to perform under pressure. I think it is an excellent place to start provided you enjoy shooting a pistol. I have neglected my pistol shooting lately working on improving my rifle and shotgun skills and I need to get back into it.

A very cute little baby boy at home, and a very busy work schedule... has made it tough.

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

That might be something I am interested in it wouldnt hurt to check it out. Thanks for the info. I am also interested in tactical rifle something I can compete in with my ar-15.

Check out CMMG in Fayette. They do monthly 3 gun matches on the 3 Rd Saturday of the month.