Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 Limited to 9mm

twister

No. The Breach face of the .40 Slide does not work with 9mm because the brass is a smaller diameter. You will have to order a complete 9mm top end, and mags, to convert to a different caliber. The only other calibers that you can convert to by just swapping the barrel on a .40 S&W based slide are 10mm and 357 SIG.

Edited by CHA-LEE

Good luck getting only a slide. I am yet to convince EAA that they should sell only the slide for the Limited guns but they refuse to do it. Currently the only way to get a slide is if you buy the whole top end :sick:

The Limited top ends usually go for $465 from EAA so its a fairly significant donkey punch to the wallet.

I think you should be happy with your "high" prices.

Just to remind you, 1 euro is 1.38 US Dollars.

Holy smokes! Thank you for that. Just scored a Stock II 10mm, and up until five minutes ago I was having regret pangs that I spent $800.00 on it.

Not so much now.

Can I buy just a 9mm barrel and have it fitted to my 40 slide? Thanks for any help, Dave.

I think I should have checked here first. I hope I can return the 9mm barrel

My Limited (Large Frame) started off as a 38super.

I bought a 9mm barrel, drop it in, no worries.

Got the 9mm barrel reamed to SIG, drop it in, no worries.

I now shoot my limited with 357Sig and 38supercomp just by changing barrel and mags.

So in effect, it is like shooting 40cal and 9mm on the same slide.

You already have the 9mm barrel. Just go to Henning and grab some 9mm mags, extractor/springs and have a go at it before spending $$$ on a new slide.