Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Race Master Holster?

Speedjunky

Has anyone had any luck using the DAA Race Master Holster with a XD?

I know they don't make one specifically for the XD.... It's my understanding

that the factory can't obtain one, but has been trying. Just wondering if

anyone has tried one designed for something else like maybe a Glock?

Thanks!

[name removed], I am using the same holster you claimed did not work. It only didn't work because you tightened a screw that wasn't supposed to be tightened and we told you to make sure that wasn't tightened, you ignored us. In fact the pics of your holster are on my dealer forum to show others what not to do. We even sent you a brand new one as a replacement and you refused to take delivery. It sat at the post office for 2 months. Instead you filed a dispute with your card company that we won. I see you still are using the same language that you used so much towards Saul and I.

I expect this will be deleted but it is only defensive until they are all removed.

Edited by ima45dv8

Now about the holster. We have sold hundreds of these with very few complaints. Some were in the beginning and deal with small fitting required for individual guns in order to get a precise fit. It wasn't until this issue with Steve that I really took a hard look at these holsters and came to realize that this may be much better than what I was already using. I loved my 10 year old Limcat but it was getting worn. This holster was cosmetically damaged by the user but was still perfect operationally. Saul agreed to send a replacement holster to try and make him happy after he demanded a new one. Saul was kind enough to offer me the damaged one to use my self. Bottom line I think it is a well thought out and high quality holster perfect for what we use them for. Its a tool. But it can be like a custom gun part in that it may need a little fitting to be perfect with your gun. In my case once I loosened up the screw that should have never been tightened it fit my gun perfectly and worked perfectly with no fitting required. I found the STI grip being molded are as close to all being the same dimension as can be so they need fitting rarely.

In my opinion, the LimCat and the DAA holsters are the best two holsters out there. I'm currently using the DAA holster for my SVI, it took a while to get the position exactly where I wanted it, and that is true of every adjustable holster. It's worked perfectly for me, I read the instructions carefully when I got it and I have not had any issues.

If you don't mind the slight thread-drift, also not had any issues with Shooters Connection either, ...:cheers:

Geez... Never thought I'd cause a ruckus..... I like the looks of the DAA Race Master, but won't commit to buying one unless it will fit, or be made to fit (relatively easily) my gun.

As far as Shooters Connection goes I couldn't be happier with their service! Ordered a CR Speed belt, and 4 Versa Mag Holders on March 8, and they were sitting in my mailbox in Missouri on March 10! They certainly have my future business......

• 1 month later...

To Speedjunky, The reason the DAA Race Master Holster is not currently offered for the Springfield XD is ONLY because Springfield REFUSED to send DAA a part of the frame encompassing the trigger guard to allow DAA to tool the mould they need to make the insert blocks for it. All of the other gun manufacturers have willingly complied to doing this to date, but Springfield Armory adamently refused. We are now trying to buy or locate a damage or defective frame to purchase ourselves and to have sent to DAA for this purpose so we can offer all of you XD shooters the option of this great holster. IT is a shame that Springfield Armoury is so short sighted and stubborn, but there is little we can do until DAA can get the frame in the Netherlands to create the tooling he needs to make the insert.

The XD line is under a North America use only, contact IM Metals in Croatia and get a HS 2000 it is the same frame. The HS 2000 is sold to the rest of the world, if it has to go to the Netherlands.

Rich