Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gopher Sniper/Silhouette CZ452

Got Juice?

Well, after a long wait, my Scope mounts arrived from Germany today. Seems that if you really really really want to mount a Millett TRS-1 to a CZ452 there is ONLY ONE company who makes a proper 11mm Dovetail mount that will acomodate the Millet's dimensions. 4x16x50mm with 30mm main tube.

So after using an inch pound torque wrench on an allen key to equalize all ring pressures, I present a CZ452 that will punch .340" Groups at 50 yards using only the cheapest American Eagle 40gr solid point .22lr ammo.

The mounts are from Recknagel. Nice solid billet steel with a proper dovetail mount (not a simple squeeze type). All lapped and ready to rock. Tomorrow I will try some 100yard action as well as some F-Class .22 at 300 yards. FYI F Class 22 is the same as a .308 ballistically at 1000yards. Both experience the same 48-50" bullet drop at those distances. (300 for .22 and 1000 for .308)

Here it is!

post-25255-094742500 1299389156_thumb.jp

Congatulaions on a fine shooter. I've got one in an American Varmint .22lr and have shot .37" groups at 50yds wtih CCI and Wolf MT extra. It's been bedded and has a Burris on top. These guns will shoot. Looks like yours shoots better than mine.

Congatulaions on a fine shooter. I've got one in an American Varmint .22lr and have shot .37" groups at 50yds wtih CCI and Wolf MT extra. It's been bedded and has a Burris on top. These guns will shoot. Looks like yours shoots better than mine.

Have you done any trigger work yet? I am looking into the yodave trigger kit, and sending my gun out for bedding. I won't hesitate to work on a trigger, but bedding is not in my realm of expertise.

Wind gods did not like me today :(

Could only get a .572 group holding steady 50 yds(not doping wind at all) And a 1.106" group at 100 yards.

Still impressive by any standards. I set my dead on POA POI at 100 yys, and used the very bottom mil dot to holdover for 275 yard gong hits.

The glass is very impressive. I adjusted the Allen lock turrets to 0 and then started playing with click holdovers. I think If I get a VSSF .223 this year, I will be purchasing another one of these beauties!

Edited by Got Juice?

I had some 60 clicks to go up If I chose to use the turrets. I used the last hash mark on the reticle where there is a slight gap between that and the 'thick' bottom ret.

Mounts are measured .920" from the flat top of the dovetail to the bottom of the 30mm scope tube.

Are those mounts 20 MoA to shoot at 300 yards with a .22? You said a 40 grain .22 is the "same as .308". What bullet? 175gr SMK?

I saved a chart off of 6mmBR that compared the .308 @ 1000 -900 to a .22lr @ 300 yards.

IIRC the end result was that if you wanted 'F Class' training, a .22lr was the best option to get used to the effects of wind on the projectiles, and the spin drift.

Hmm. That's interesting. I shoot F-Class, but don't have regular access to the 1000yard range to practice- this may be a viable option for practice. I have a 10/22 that's capable of 1/2 MoA with Wolf Match Extra ammo. I may change the base to a 20MoA (if I can find one) and just put a Super Sniper scope on it (don't want to invest in another Nightforce for the .22)

Hmm. That's interesting. I shoot F-Class, but don't have regular access to the 1000yard range to practice- this may be a viable option for practice. I have a 10/22 that's capable of 1/2 MoA with Wolf Match Extra ammo. I may change the base to a 20MoA (if I can find one) and just put a Super Sniper scope on it (don't want to invest in another Nightforce for the .22)

'When I get a REAL GUN'...lol, I want to try F Class. Not to be competitive though (gee all my obsessions started off in a similar way) just to try. My .270 will not reach out that far, although I have been hearing good things about the 6.8spc, and the 6x57 that might make.... my bank account die altogether.

And right now Vortex, and NF are just not in the budget

Shooting... blowing money downrange at the speed of sound!

Edited by Got Juice?

The 270Win will outperform the 6.8SPC at all ranges. 6.8SPC will not get to 1000yards very well at all.

260Rem, 6.5x284 and 6.5x55 are good choices. 6x57 (6mmRem) would be excellent with the 115gr (I think) from David Tubb. I have seen some good stuff shot with the 260Rem just lately in F Class. Some guys have Ackley'd it as well for a bit less drift and drop at 1000Y.

The 270Win will outperform the 6.8SPC at all ranges. 6.8SPC will not get to 1000yards very well at all.

260Rem, 6.5x284 and 6.5x55 are good choices. 6x57 (6mmRem) would be excellent with the 115gr (I think) from David Tubb. I have seen some good stuff shot with the 260Rem just lately in F Class. Some guys have Ackley'd it as well for a bit less drift and drop at 1000Y.

I need to do more load data on my .270win then. And get more trigger time on my 'F Class jr. .22'