Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver grips

stoked4AA

I use the Strong Hand Reload, handle the moonclips with my strong hand.

I have fairly short fingers and the finger grooves have a tendnecy to catch wrong on my hands.

Tried Miculek Grips with and without skateboard tape, but I just don't like the pounding they give the base of my thumb and don't like the gun twisting in my hand.

Also tried the Hogues's with finger grooves and without.

I'm now using the Hogue Rubber Grips with the finger grooves dremeled off and shaved down a bit on the sides and where the moonclip hits on ejection.

With the Rubber grips smoothed down a bit it doesn't seem to be any worse than Wood grips, with skateboard tape.

Common wisdom says if you switch hands during your reload you want a smooth slick grip, if you don't Rubber grips are good.

FWIW I do switch hands and still use Rubber Grips.

I like the original S&W wood combat grips. Though they are expensive, around 150. I prefer the way the combat grips from the early 90's with the slightly flat sides shown in first pick in thr upper right not on a gun compared to the older style with a more rounded side shown in the second pick.

9de09853.jpg

108548f7.jpg

I prefer finger grooves, and have them on most of my pistols. But mainly I like a thicker grip (like a 1911) to fill my hands. Most revolver grips are too thin, the only ones I could find that had a comfortable size were Nill grips. They were without finger grooves but they feel right. I also prefer smooth over checkered for revolver.

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg