Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Point Blank Feb 2011 Match

JFlowers

For our anniversary my wife gave me a Veho Atom micro-camera. I mounted it to my headphones using velcro and then edited the videos I shot at the Feb 2011 Point Blank Club Match in Spartanburg, SC.

Enjoy and feel free to comment, critique, praise, laugh, etc.

James

JFlowers, Did you get both hits on T-2 on the first part. It looks as though you were leaving early. Been there, done that. Good Vids thanx. later rdd

Actually I did. I missed the first plate and had to take the make-up, then engaged T2 rather than going straight to a reload after P2 (due to the standalone T3). The other mistake I made was hitting the NoShoot and so I did not have the two rounds I had planned going to the last shooting position. So I reloaded on the move, shot the paper, did a static reload and shot the steel.

Great video. I had an Amazon gift card left over from my birthday and I bought one today.

Be careful from taking advice from casual on-lookers. You'll drive yourself nuts.

Pick one thing to improve and work on it till it becomes second nature. Then move another.

Your recoil control looks good (especially if you're shooting major).

What will you work on first?

Edited by GMM50

I have already spoken with a local GM who I am friends with. He is going to start working on movement and confidence with me. Movement, because I know I am less than efficient in my movement. Confidence, since I changed from Open to Revo I am missing that high level of "I can make the shot" confidence. 8" plates seem to be a serious mental spot with me.

The other thing I need is to smooth my reloads, but that's just more DRY FIRE!

I like the mounting angle of the cam Jim. You were awful sure of that second hit....what did it come out to? A,C or was it a D? What all did you pay for the setup? Looks like a great training tool.

Edit: After a second view it doesn't look like the gun was leaving the target quite as hard as I thought. Still curious to know about the second shot.

Edited by Forrest Halley