Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single or Two stage trigger

JMIS

Had a surprise double / triple burst from another one of the Jard Triggers so I have officially soured on them now .

I know the install was solid and to the letter and each part that requires Loctite was thoroughly degreased and used the supplied loctite ( Blue )

I have pulled them all and ordered up 4 more Chip McCormicks .

Edited by swandme

+1 to AR Gold.

JP´s tend to burst when they are set up for nice trigger and disconnector gives up after few thousand rounds. New disconnector is only few bucks, but it is kinda "interesting" when burst happens in a match :)

1-stage lightweight Jard triggers tend to burst if grip is loose or trigger is not properly set up. Or if the rifle has been charged with safety on, which is pretty hard to trigger parts :(

2-stage triggers are usually "easier" about bursting, but instead of AR Gold those triggers have some disadvantages.

Just my 2 cents :)

Edited by Hannu

JMIS, check out my AR trigger. I did the soft stoning work and put in a JP trigger spring set. Total cost was about $15. While I'm no expert, this breaks clean and it's super smooth. Jay and Big Dan have played with it. It's not bad at all for the cost...

If you'd like, I'll teach you how to do it. I build full ARs from time to time, and can hook you up if you'd like.

Let me know :cheers:

JMIS, check out my AR trigger. I did the soft stoning work and put in a JP trigger spring set. Total cost was about $15. While I'm no expert, this breaks clean and it's super smooth. Jay and Big Dan have played with it. It's not bad at all for the cost...

If you'd like, I'll teach you how to do it. I build full ARs from time to time, and can hook you up if you'd like.

Let me know :cheers:

Will have to check it out :cheers:

Just checked that link out. That looks like a really nice trigger. Reminds me of the AR Gold with a more positive reset. I'll have to update my poll to include the Wilson Combat TTU. Will definitely consider it for my next build.

• 3 weeks later...