Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold Prismatic Target Knob?

DyNo!

I'd like to avoid building one from scratch - does anyone know if this would work on a Leupold Prismatic:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=899510&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Optics%20-%20Scope%20Rings%2C%20Bases%2C%20Mounting%20%26%20Accessories-_-PriceCompListing-_-899510#productTabReviews

I'll give Leupold a call on Monday but if anyone has an easy "yes" or "no," it would be much appreciated!

I have absolutely no idea but I do want to know how you are liking the Prismatic thus far.

I've done a trade on these forums for one but it hasn't arrived yet. I'll definitely keep you in mind when I test it out and let you know how I like it.

I've picked one up and played with it at a gunstore but never fired with it.

I know that some people used to use them on their VX III's, but I thought that they weren't being made any more - shows you what I know.

Something like this would be good if you needed to dial in elevations on the fly, but I don't think that's something you would need to do with this scope.

I know that some people used to use them on their VX III's, but I thought that they weren't being made any more - shows you what I know.

Something like this would be good if you needed to dial in elevations on the fly, but I don't think that's something you would need to do with this scope.

The DCD reticule (dot circle) only has one aiming point and I plan on using this at up to 450 yards.

Chances are, I won't click it for anything under 300 yards but I think it would be a lot more effective than guessing beyond that distance where the bullets will land (since I certainly won't see them at 1x :roflol: ).

Here's another picture I found:

50869107.jpg

It LOOKS like it will work but I'm sure if I don't call to check, Murphy will keep me in line.

Edited by DyNo!

The prismatic I have uses the same low profile knobs as the vx series of regular scopes, not the the slots. Used it a lot on a 930 with slugs and black flakes came off the inside and obscured the optics. Just about the ideal optic on the 930 except for the front sight post on the 930. The one pictured above does not have the illumination attachment on it. Leupold sent a new one, which is on an RRA. carbine. Sight works ok to about 300 yds, but more time is required to refine the sight picture than a regular scope past 200 yds. A-zone ipsc steel targets used. Good luck at 450 yds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

They're too big for any sort of dope. Even a 550 yard shot won't come close to touching the ring.

I found that out yesterday. I am trying to find the best and fastest way to engage distant targets. I am using a 200yd zero.

Any ideas?