Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bennie Cooley Class - Sacramento, CA

Bennie Cooley of CRTC 2/3 Gun Class

Dates: April 16-18th at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center

3 Day format

Shooting days will be @ 10 hours per day so pack your lunches

Rifle - 2 days (1000 rounds required) w/ training out to 200 yards

Shotgun - 1 day (450 bird shot, 50 slugs required)

Pistol - 1/2 day*

Cost: $450 per person (+$30 for range fees to SVSC)

Limited to 12 students

* Bennie would prefer not to cover pistol as it is what we already do. However, if folks would like to cover it, he would spend a maximum of 1/2 a day on it.

For any other additional info, please do not hesitate to contact my via PM, e-mail or cell (707.208.1613). The class is filling quickly, so contacting me via cell phone (the number previously mentioned) is your best shot.

A great fixer before Nationals, with time to practice what he's teaching to prepare for it.

Look forward to seeing y'all out there.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

1 - Visa and Mastercard are being accepted for payment.

2 - There has been some concern expressed by out of state folks about breaking any applicable laws by attending the class in CA. I have been in contact with CA-DOJ and they have made it abundently clear that it is completely legal to bring your AR (or other classed "assault weapon") into California as you are a VISTING NON-RESIDENT. So, for those that are interested, please do not hesitate to attend.

Rich

Absolutely a worthwhile experience. I learned so much in the 3 days, that I'll writing notes for the rest of the week!

My favorite part, shooting the rifle weakhand! SWEEEEEET!!!

If y'all have the opportunity to take a class from Bennie, I highly recommend it!!!

Rich

Rich,

I forgot to ask you...

Did Voight differ at all in any of the techniques that he (Voight) taught vs. what Cooley taught?

One thing that comes to mind is that sliding/twisting (with wide target transitions) with the long gun. It was a new and unexpected technique/style to me. Did Voight preach the same technique for wide transitions with the long gun?

I was talking with Bob about it and he wondered how it would work with pistol. I should have asked Bennie if he uses the same technique with the pistol.