Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For me it is Shotgun

you can shoot a pistol match anywhere.

you can shoot a long range rifle matchanywhere

you can set up close targets and hose em down with your rifle anywhere . . . .

but shot gun. . . pretty much only at 3 gun matches are you going to find the set ups we love to shot.

(try an Eddie Rhodes or a Carlock shuffle reload on the trap field next time to appreciate you shotgun corse of fire next week)

After my first 3-gun match, unprepared and shooting a borrowed shotgun. I absolutely hated the shotgun aspect.

Bought myself an FN and some shell caddies, and spent a lot of time practicing loading the shotgun. Now it is my favorite and I particularly enjoy shotgun heavy stages.

I have always loved shooting rifle and 3-gun affords a lot of neat shots, but there is no other venue to shoot shotguns the way we do.

Pistol is fun and for a couple years USPSA was all I shot. Now a simple pistol match feels like there is 2/3 of the match missing.

Pistol is fun and for a couple years USPSA was all I shot. Now a simple pistol match feels like there is 2/3 of the match missing.

Exactly!

I like the Rifle the best, but Shotgun is my next favorite. Shotgun stars are fun as are 50yd slug shots.