Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 1 Multigun Championship

Unbelievable that the stages went so smoothly.. fantastic job to get all those stages shot in the time we had.

Congratulations Chris! (I helped by loaning him a slug to fill a resever caddy he never used)

I second the flies comment.. it was lite a Hitchcock movie.

Only stage I didn't like was 7, fun to shoot (Nice work Todd, 17 and change), but it was an RO nightmare.

ETA - Cody - Well done.. I'm thinking we'll be hearing about this Junior shooter a lot in the coming years.

Edited by D.Hayden

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable that the stages went so smoothly.. fantastic job to get all those stages shot in the time we had.

Congratulations Chris! (I helped by loaning him a slug to fill a resever caddy he never used)

I second the flies comment.. it was lite a Hitchcock movie.

Only stage I didn't like was 7, fun to shoot (Nice work Todd, 17 and change), but it was an RO nightmare.

ETA - Cody - Well done.. I'm thinking we'll be hearing about this Junior shooter a lot in the coming years.

Thank you guys for the kind words. Dave, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Stage 9, not 7. If Todd shot 7 in 17 seconds, my hat is definitely off to him. This was definitely a learning experience for me. First time designing USPSA MG stages, first time as RM, first Time Plus USPSA match I've been to. I want to thank the RO's and the Set Up and Tear Down crew. I meant to arrive a little earlier on Friday but forgot how long of a drive it and and that darn time change. Oops. By the time I got there, everything was on the ground and in place. You guys did an awesome job. I was really happy with the RO's as well. You guys did an awesome job. I know how hard it can be to work and shoot at the same time. You guys worked your butts off.

I want to especially thank Travis Gibson. The only reason this match went as smoothly and as quickly as it did was the Steel targets donated by MGM Targets. I was able to design the stages with minimal reset because of the self setting (Recons, flash targets, Strobe target) and easy to reset (plate racks) targets. Without that we'd probably still be there shooting. In addition to helping with targets, he was helping set up, tear down, and served double duty as a squad RO and RM for the match. Just absolutely worked non stop.

The whole crew from Parma was great to work with, Aaron Goodfellow, Brian Kohagen, and even Mike Wirth. Great location for 3-Gun. Hopefully we can play again there next year.

Finally Evans Kuo, the MD. I had never met Evans before the match but he came highly recommended by Travis and Idaho SC Tim Egan. They were right. Absolutely squared away MD. From the very beginning he had this match dialed in. He even managed to figure out my scribbled in crayon stage diagrams enough to get them on the ground. Some folks do their stage designs in Google Sketch Up, I do mine in Crayola scribble. Evans kept me on track and did a great job. Thank you Evans. Now we all need to gang up on him and make him do it again next year!

I almost forgot to mention. As I said during the Shooters meeting. This really was a test match for me. You all were guinea pigs. USPSA is working on a new MG rulebook. Let me know the good, bad and ugly from this match. What worked, what didn't. Either in this thread or by PM. I want to get as much right in next rule book as possible. Help me make that happen.

Chuck.. think you're right.. 9.. the link to the results stopped working for me.. I couldn't verify and guessed.

Congratulations on your win. hard to shoot well and run around like that.. Fun to see how the Saiga's change the way stages are shot.

Edited by D.Hayden

Would just like to thank everyone who played a role in making this event happen, it was awesome and well worth the trip! I don't have any complaints, everything was great, from the staff to the stages. Also, a big thanks to all the sponsors, I would like to point out that DPMS Panther always steps up and donates a rifle in every three gun match I have participated in, they deserve a lot of kudos!!! Travis G., your MGM targets are awesome, our department (Hanford Patrol) needs to start buying some from you!!! Alright, take care and I hope to participate in this event next year!