Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How are classification brackets set?

InTheBlack

Interesting topic. This may sound a little odd, but I have never moved up by shooting the Classifier.

ne meither..between the weather at the tri states match...and your quick little "i bet i can do that" little drop turner stage kept me from that...my arrogance was in effect on that stage..hehehe <_<

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally bombed two stages - both were ones I designed. A "death jam" on the Jeep stage cost me 6-7 seconds to clear. I started to just pull out my pocket knife and charge the last target.

The "Can You Reload" stage got about 75% of the shooters. Audrey had to show off and put 4 rounds into the turner.

Talk about cold. Did you hear what she said to poor old Billy V.? I could feel his pain. I too have had those "disaster matches" - Georgia last year.

I figured out a long time ago when you spend all week at the range preparing stages you can pretty well toss that match.

I totally bombed two stages - both were ones I designed. A "death jam" on the Jeep stage cost me 6-7 seconds to clear. I started to just pull out my pocket knife and charge the last target.

The "Can You Reload" stage got about 75% of the shooters. Audrey had to show off and put 4 rounds into the turner.

Talk about cold. Did you hear what she said to poor old Billy V.? I could feel his pain. I too have had those "disaster matches" - Georgia last year.

I figured out a long time ago when you spend all week at the range preparing stages you can pretty well toss that match.

yup....was standing right beside him.......and yup....it was pretty cold..... :o

but i told him to suck it up... :cheers: he had 2 miss fires,4nt's hits,and at least 2 jams,if not more.....just one of those days..then to make matters worse,i paid for his entry on the BUG match,and on the first stage,he shot it out of order and hit a NT.....just something else for me to gouge him with for the next yr... :lol::lol:

sorry about thread drift:but there is some value into what i said...when you get to a point when you are a master in one division and shoot other [auto] divisions,thru out the year,and are classified an expert,you can and will get bumped alot faster if you have your "game" on and head on straight..it seems that when i hit master, i was paying alot more "attention" to what i was doing and going to do, and watching other masters...seems like rather if it is 10 stage or 15 stage match, i was more focused..rather then some other class shooters that will seem to "give up" or tend to just "fall apart" after a bad stage..i've never been a type of shooter worrying over "spilt milk" during the match...just on the way home while it was spoiling on my mind...then..review what i did and try to recreate it during practice and get it right....

Edited by GmanCdp