Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thanks

kv501

Brian, mods/contributors:

I have been a casual shooter and reloader for a long time but just started shooting in USPSA in March of last year. I want to tell you how invaluable the community you have created with your forums and store is to me and everyone else in the shooting world. I can honestly say without a doubt that I would never have had the guts to go buy a new gun, mags, bullets, timer, blah blah blah (the list goes on and on) without the help and information I have gotten from the forum. No *ss kissing, no bullsh*t, it's the truth. If you would have asked me a year ago if I thought I'd shoot in 14 club matches, 2 sectionals and an Area match in my first year I would have said you were crazy. Without the help I've gotten along the way I wouldn't have.

The forum, the people contributing, and the information in it gave me the confidence and knowledge to turn what I thought would be a weekend hobby into a way of life so to speak. I know that sounds way over the top, but when I consider the people I've met traveling to matches, the fun I've had, and the anticipation of someday watching my four year-old get way better at this than me...it means something. There is no other hobby/sport that I know of where there is such a rich source of information and camaraderie as this one. It is rare to find a store (whether brick and mortar or on the web) where the proprietor is out to help you first and sell you something second. It would be easy for you to tell newcomers to the shooting sports to buy all kinds of crap they don't need, only to find out they have wasted their money and so quit. Reading your FAQ's and posts told me first and foremost that I'll never be able to buy an A hit, and that when starting to learn my money would be better spent on bullets rather than gear. I respect that.

Along with all that comes the enjoyment I've had getting into this. My son who I mentioned before stands right next to me and runs the timer when I dry fire and practice reloads, and I can see it on his face that he is mesmerized. Not because I'm good, but because he's a part of it. A lot of times when he doesn't know I'm looking I see him in his room dry firing his nerf gun; THAT is what makes this stuff special. It is something I hope he and I will be able to do together until I can't stand up anymore, and I wouldn't have ever started without all this. What you have going here is unbelievable and I just wanted to say thanks.

The forum, the people contributing, and the information in it gave me the confidence and knowledge to turn what I thought would be a weekend hobby into a way of life so to speak. I know that sounds way over the top, but when I consider the people I've met traveling to matches, the fun I've had, and the anticipation of someday watching my four year-old get way better at this than me...it means something.

There ya go...that is what it's all about !! cool.gifcool.gif

We have a great bunch of folks here.

kv501,

WOW - thank you! You have made my week! :D I was having a bit of a rough day, but reading your post out loud turned it around for me.

And I'm sure the mods and all our awesome contributing members appreciate your thoughtful sentiment.

Stay sharp and stick with it.

be