Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carrying Shotgun Ammo

Phil Dunlop

Appdx D3, 27

'The maximum inside distance of cartridges or equipment from the competitor's torso ...shall not be more than 50mm'

Is this meant to prohibit carrying spare ammo on an arm band like the USPSA competitors do, or is the arm part of the torso?

Thanks, P.D.

Phil

Actually it's an old error which was missed when we were working through the rules. We fixed it elsewhere but missed it at Point 27.

However if you refer to D3.16 and also Rule 5.2.5 you will see that "torso" has been changed to "body". As it is written as "body" twice including in the main body of the rules it should give everyone the licence they need for forearm or thigh carriers.

I have it on my list to fix.

Sorry for any confusion.

Vince,

if you manage to DQ me in Aussie I'll love you for ever!

The bastards won't let us Kiwis in. They say its because of our menacing 40 cals, but we know its because of the hiding we dished out at Oceania!

I'm not worried what interpretation of the Shotgun rules is, as long as I run our match consistently, like I said, great job on the rules, the effort is much appreciated.

When are you visiting us Vince, I can sort out the fishnets and I'm sure there's a Madam Whiplash in Auckland somewhere!

;) P.D.

Need to ask a question on the forum, log on and find a thread already there - great site !!! :);)

My question for the Rules God is this: if you use a sidesaddle / two pack etc can you remove it during a match or vice versa, start with it off the gun and put it on for certain stages that it would suit ??

I realise this applies to belts etc, but am not too sure about these accessories.

thanks Neil (and Vince !)

Mike

Hi Mike,

As you know, Neil is Head Honcho and Chief Bottle Washer for the Shotgun Rules, but I'll take a punt and quote the following SG rule to you:

SHOTGUN 5.2.8 Equipment that is only used when fitted to the shotgun (except chokes, ammunition, speed loaders and ammunition carriers) and is to be used at any time during the match must be fitted to the shotgun prior to the start of the match and for the duration of the match.

Subject to confirmation from Neil, it seems you are entitled to add/remove ammuniiton carriers to/from your shotgun, depending on your needs for the COF.

Neil?

Mike

With Vince around I’m almost redundant.

As correctly stated by Vince, under rule 5.2.8 side saddles can be removed but please note that this refers to “equipment fitted to the shotgun”. Rule 5.2.5.3 below refers to other equipment worn or carried by the competitor and not on the gun.

Thanks Vince.

5.2.5.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, or unless required by a Range Officer, the position of allied equipment must not be moved or changed by a competitor during a match.  Any belt, or belts, intended to be used at any time during a match, must be worn for the start of each stage of the match.  This rule is not intended to prevent a cartridge belt being moved around the body to allow easier access to cartridges during a course of fire.