Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems with CZ Tactical sport misfires

stavros

Well, here goes.

I have a CZ TS with about 5K rounds down the pipe.

I was competing in 2 events for one day and didn't have time to do a good cleaning, so i bore snacked the barrel, doused sear and trigger in hoppes #9, and oiled it. It hadn't been detailed stripped in about 1K+ rounds.

Shooting in the match (3rd stage), i was reloading and the gun went off. Got DQ'd and felt (still do actually) like a total loser.

We measured my trigger at about 1.1-1.3lbs. and i was sure i had my finger on the trigger

My buddies coach me, and had me doing reloading drills back at our range.

About 100 rnds in, during a reload (gun wasn't dry, so chambered and loaded), Slammed the mag in and bang. My finger WAS NOT NEAR THE trigger at all (I was going slow, and felt my trigger finger pressed on slide release that extrdues from the gun), this time it was also in front of me, looking at the mag well.

I detailed stripped the gun twice, degreased, and now the pull is consistently at 1 3/4 lbs.

Going over my video again, camera was off during the DQ (murphy's law dammit). But i caught the hang fire below (08-10 seconds in the vid)

Grime build up on the sear?

Faulty trigger reset spring and the trigger bar was touching the sear?

Anyone can advise?

Edited by stavros

The more you shoot/pull the trigger the more the sear "breaks-in". Detail clean the gun and no oil in the gun just the slide rails. Its sounds like slam fires. Get a new firing pin spring and see if that helps. I tuned my 75SA it was 5lbs and now just a hair under 3lbs.

Most of this has already been mentioned...

- Check your trigger adjustment screws; a loose and/or improperly set overtravel screw can cause very wacky (and bad) stuff

- Pull apart the slide, check the firing pin channel for obstructions, and replace the FP spring

- Pull apart the frame, check for issues with the sear/hammer interface, obstructions around the hammer strut travel path, obstructions in the sear cage, etc.

The reset seems weak. Perhaps the trigger bar was touching the sear?

where can I find replacement trigger springs (they're different than the shadow)?

Anyone know of any stronger ones that fit?

Edited by stavros

• 7 months later...