Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL-1000 needs TLC

I just want to preface this buy saying I am not trying to sell this item, I am aware of the forum rules and don't want to get in any heat for this. I am simply looking for some input and ideas.

I stopped at a garage sale today and bought a bunch of reloading stuff, mostly components and some shotgun shells, but amongest it was a basicly complete rl-1000 and a second rl-1000 in pieces. It is a little rough but it was part of the whole batch and I got what I think is a fair deal. I am thinking of trying to rebuild it and get 1 running and using the second as parts? Maybe I am better parting it out and selling it on GB?

Any thoughts? Ideas of what these things are worth? Should I just make a set of lamps out of them for the living room? :roflol:

100_1309.jpg

Call Dillon, box everything up that you can find of it, and pay the shipping and send it to them. They will refurbish it/replace it, and all you will have to pay is the shipping, maybe a refurb cost. Definitely cheaper than a new press. If nothing else, they will put it back together!

Thank you Dillon! I actualy got the paper manual with it, believe it or not. Also had a bunch of receipts for parts bought back in 1988-89. I am so torn about sending it in to get it reassembeled. I think I am going to try and tinker a bit and see what I can figure out. It would look great sitting next to my 2 rl650s even if it did not work. I asked the wife if I could add them to the living room................her look was enough to know they won't be in there! :roflol:

• 3 months later...

Thank you Dillon! I actualy got the paper manual with it, believe it or not. Also had a bunch of receipts for parts bought back in 1988-89. I am so torn about sending it in to get it reassembeled. I think I am going to try and tinker a bit and see what I can figure out. It would look great sitting next to my 2 rl650s even if it did not work. I asked the wife if I could add them to the living room................her look was enough to know they won't be in there! :roflol:

Hello n2extrm,

I have a mostly functional RL 1000 but only have a shell plate for 45 ACP (fits all the shells for that base), a large powder bar, and expander plugs for .45, .357 and a .30 on the way from Dillon. What I would like to find are more shell plates, expander plugs, and especially a small powder bar and spacer which will allow me to at least load the .45 ACP. My case feeder tube is also warped and cracked but that is the least of my concerns. Any help or information would be appreciated.

Hello n2extrm,

I have a mostly functional RL 1000 but only have a shell plate for 45 ACP (fits all the shells for that base), a large powder bar, and expander plugs for .45, .357 and a .30 on the way from Dillon. What I would like to find are more shell plates, expander plugs, and especially a small powder bar and spacer which will allow me to at least load the .45 ACP. My case feeder tube is also warped and cracked but that is the least of my concerns. Any help or information would be appreciated.

I sold the press after getting it running. It is hard to find alot on these presses. Dillon has some parts available, you can call and speak to them they are great to dealwith. You can also get a copy of the manual from them if that helps.