Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which rifle should I use for my next 3 gun?

Johnny Kalasnakov

I used my Olympic arms K30r (AR-15 that shoots 7.62 x 39 with bananna mag) for my first match yesterday and both mags (c-products) went bad on me... fast way to learn tactical reloading... they are sending replacement springs and followers... I've fired 300+ round thru each mag without issue it just had to happen at my first match...

Due to the bad start I'm going to change rifles... my top 2 pics are Hungarian AMD-65 AK pros: light, vertical foregrip, good scope attached, can attach 40 round mag or 75 round drum so, no problems with reloading. 7.62 x 39 round, able to use scope or irons without problem. every few rounds makes huge fireball out of end of barrell... hopefully intimidate shooters :) or just plain bad ass!

cons: shorter barrel for long range shooting

2nd choice Isreali Golani sporter AK pros: 30 or 50 round mag, longer barrel for long range shooting,

cons: heavy, twice as heavy as AMD-65, need to upgrade ring mount so I can use iron sights, .223 round, thanks for input. Johnny K.

I was wondering what was up with the funky looking magazines, didn't realized that was chambered in 7.62 x 39.

I'm not too knowledgeable on those types of rifles but either sound like they would work fine if they are reliable. At that match they rarely shoot more than a couple of shots over 100 yards and none over 200 so the short barrel shouldn't be too much of a disadvantage.

I was wondering what was up with the funky looking magazines, didn't realized that was chambered in 7.62 x 39.

I'm not too knowledgeable on those types of rifles but either sound like they would work fine if they are reliable. At that match they rarely shoot more than a couple of shots over 100 yards and none over 200 so the short barrel shouldn't be too much of a disadvantage.

I guess this is Jason that shot at the 3 gun at Impact Zone? out of the 6 magizines I shot with, 4 are going back to manufacturer to be repaired or replaced... unbelievable for equipment that worked fine at the range... it was fun for my first time... learning tactical reloading multiple times each stage... my only goal was to have fun and not be last out of the 30+ group... I doubt anyone had worse luck with equipment than I did... how often do you go out there? I plan on going back in Feb with better equipment.