Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED7000 question

walsh

I just picked up a CED7000 and can't figure out how to do what I'm guessing is possible.

For one drill I want to have the beeper sound so that I can fire just one shot and re-holster. Then every 5 seconds a beep goes off to do it again.

I've read the manual and tried a few things but I've had cataracts removed and InterOcularLenses put in (very pleased that I did it as I was 20/400) and my LE is 20/15 and the RE by evening is 20/40 and needs work. So using over-the-counter reading glasses are a problem as the RE will need to be "touched up" and my eyes are getting crossed with a bad headaches by reading the manual for too long.

Is this simple to do, and if so, the sequence of buttons to push would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Walsh

i dont think you can set it up that way. just set your par time for whatever you want and set it to random beep start. do a drill once. re-holster. hit the clear button and then the start button and be ready for a random start again. its pretty quick and easy to get a bunch of reps done.

i don't think you can set it up that way. just set your par time for whatever you want and set it to random beep start. do a drill once. re-holster. hit the clear button and then the start button and be ready for a random start again. its pretty quick and easy to get a bunch of reps done.

I'll call the vendor and see what they think. That would seem to be a great feature to just practice drawing. You could see how fast you are getting a first shot off. I realize accuracy isn't gauged (it's up to you), but just from a self-defense POV, it's how fast you can fire when someone is almost on top of you. How else you use it could also show improvement. With a device that does so much, it seems odd no one thought of that feature. Hopefully it's hidden in there somewhere. If no one posts an answer I'll check with someone who has used it extensively this weekend.

Thanks,

Walsh

You can adjust the par time at whatever you want. Say 1 set it for 1.0 seconds. It will beep for you to start and then beep again in exactly 1.0 seconds. The idea being do your drill before teh 2nd beep. It can be set to about anything in 0.1sec increments. Then you just hit the clear button anad the start button and if its set on random it will do a random countdown and start again

You can adjust the par time at whatever you want. Say 1 set it for 1.0 seconds. It will beep for you to start and then beep again in exactly 1.0 seconds. The idea being do your drill before teh 2nd beep. It can be set to about anything in 0.1sec increments. Then you just hit the clear button anad the start button and if its set on random it will do a random countdown and start again

At work right now...let me try to digest that tonight...thanks.

You can always use a metronome. The JAVA Apps found online can be somewhat limited for your prescribed application but they can help you achieve what your looking to accomplish. Here's one: http://www.seventhstring.com/metronome/metronome.html

I think we are missing each other. I have 4-5 metronomes as a guitar player, kind of :wacko: What I'm trying to do is work on drawing and quantify it by having its time recorded in the CED7000

I don't know if the CED will do what you're looking for, but, my older Pact timers will do it. I think its a Cadence setting. I know Pact timers have had a bad reputation, but, they do have more capabilities.

I don't have the XP version, which is the one I've heard more complaints about. I've had my Mk 4 for a heck of a long time.....pre 1994.

yeah it won't do what your asking but you can set it up for 5 beeps per "stage" and set the times for each. I use it on draw,shoot,reload/shoot,reload/shoot and again reload/shoot. Its called "Multi-Par Time"

yeah it won't do what your asking but you can set it up for 5 beeps per "stage" and set the times for each. I use it on draw,shoot,reload/shoot,reload/shoot and again reload/shoot. Its called "Multi-Par Time"

Neophyte question:

Actualy, I read what I just wrote and it didn't make sense to even me... :unsure: ...trying again:

Are you setting in a way that it needs to hear the shot go off before the next beep will occur? If so, do you then have a review in there of the time taken after each shot?

Luckily I often go to our club's indoor range at 10 PM and can lay it right in front of me, so if I had to set it up for just one shot (I hope I can do that or is that another question?) I could have it beep/shoot/holster/push-buttons/repeat. (I think).

Thanks,

Walsh

Edited by walsh

Par time feature requires no shot. It will beep to start you and it will beep again on its own at whatever interval you have chosen. The goal being to finish whatever drill you are doing before the 2nd beep. Then gradually as you progress, you set the par time to be shorter and shorter. Ther is a multi-par feature, but it was tricky to set up and wasnt really worth the trouble for me. i just do one thing at a time when dry-firing (draws, 2-reload-2, 6-reload-6, etc etc)

Par time feature requires no shot. It will beep to start you and it will beep again on its own at whatever interval you have chosen. The goal being to finish whatever drill you are doing before the 2nd beep. Then gradually as you progress, you set the par time to be shorter and shorter. There is a multi-par feature, but it was tricky to set up and wasn't really worth the trouble for me. i just do one thing at a time when dry-firing (draws, 2-reload-2, 6-reload-6, etc etc)

Thanks for explaining that. I would have had my speakers turned up here with a gunshot trying to simulate things had you not cleared that up.

Walsh

go to menu, then repetitive mode, set 5 sec par, then 5 sec edge, and the number of repeats you want.

Okay...that was easy enough to do but the simulated gunshot sounds won't trigger anything so I am guessing, and hoping, here tonight. Is this performing a function that other users here didn't realize was possible?

Here is what I have in the window:

Delay 5.00 Strings 50

Par 5.00 Shot 0

(time) 0.00

When I click START it changes from 0.00 to 5.00 and visually counts down 5 seconds to 0.00 and beeps at the end as well as "Strings" dropping to 49 as soon as the countdown starts.

It sits at at 0.00 for 5 seconds and beeps and the visual countdown starts and STRINGS changes to 48 as it counts down to 0.00 and beeps again at 0.00. Then it waits 5 seconds and beeps and changes to 47 and visually counts down. Obviously this should bring STRINGS down to "0" if I let it continue at which point I guess it would stop as instructed.

So if I were to wait for that first beep and draw and fire once would the time be recorded by itself if I fired just one shot and then 5 seconds after that beep started I would need to be holstered as another beep is coming and will register the next shot time?

If so, I think that is exactly what I desire. And if that is possible, is there a function that tells me the average time recorded during those 50 shots (in this particular setup) that were recorded?

Thanks to all for the help...I appreciate it,

Walsh

P.S. If it does do that I am wondering what happens with two shots in 5 seconds, but that is step II if this is the desired solution.

I'm not sure about the shots being recorded, I've only used it in dryfire. When at the range I just hit start over and over with the timer next to me on a table. I do it while reholstering, and it isn't a bother for me. I guess we should try it out!

I'm not sure about the shots being recorded, I've only used it in dryfire. When at the range I just hit start over and over with the timer next to me on a table. I do it while reholstering, and it isn't a bother for me. I guess we should try it out!

I'm going to see if I can get to the range and try it tonight and then call the company next week and see if they have technical support to answer questions. Often, all functions of any product are not in the manual, or at least not easily explained.