Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to use from what I have

XDman

OK, until I decide on a HM set up, what guns in my current collection should I get started with?

Rifle

Bushmaster lower with a DPMS NM upper, NM open sights. 223

CMMG M4 with Eotech. 223

Shotgun

Rem 870 12ga.

Rem 1100 12 ga.

Browning Gold Hunter 12 ga.

Handgun

STI .40 Limited

XD 9mm Tactical Production

SA 1911 custom .45

Not all guns listed as I feel hunting rifles, and o/u and turkey setups are not what ould be used.

Thanks for the input and any advice.

Edited by XDman

the bushy

a reliable auto 12ga

the STI 40 ,if its reliable

What he said only use the 1100 (if it is reliable) There are more accessories to make it competitive.....like easy loader mag tube extensions ect.

Well I hate to disagree but better the Browning IF it is reliable. Nordic makes tubes for them and they are good guns with less work to make it 3-gun ready. Slap on a tube and shoot...no ez loader. KurtM

Well I hate to disagree but better the Browning IF it is reliable. Nordic makes tubes for them and they are good guns with less work to make it 3-gun ready. Slap on a tube and shoot...no ez loader. KurtM

+1. When I want to shoot semi autos for club matches I put a Nordic tube on my Gold & its good to go. I've found its autoload function helpful.

Though I did have to cut some rings out of the tube's spring to get the bolt to close when fully loaded.

Kurt that's why you are here to keep us novices on the straight and narrow. :roflol: I stand corrected. All have ever used is an 11-87. You know the old adage "If the only tool you have is a hammer every problems looks like a nail"

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

I am new to the ar but the Browning is my go to gun for birds as it work when I pull the trigger, Boom, Boom, Boom.

The STI, has only failed once, but due to my reload, so not the gun.

So this will be my beginning guns.

Now just to find a range within driving distance to get some experience. My local USPSA club has all pistol matches scheduled for 2011.

Well, given the choices you gave...I agree with the advice above but, if your transfer to HM is less than 6 months away I would use the pump and SS SA. All you "extra" gear, mags, mag pouches, holster etc. will transfer over to HM nicely and maybe save some money????

You might be at some disadvantage in Tac Div. but you will hit the ground running in HM.