Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

REVO Squad at the Black Creek Steel shoot 1-8-11

Forrest,

Sounds fun. Do you know what the starting time is for the match? And you haven't gotten an 8 shot yet have you?

Westczek

No eight shooter yet...been shooting with John Z Sr and he's dragging me faster and faster. Sort of like learning to run a marathon by being tied to a truck.

Directions:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=4292+Range+Rd,+Mechanicsville,+VA+23111&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.999937,56.513672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=4292+Range+Rd,+Mechanicsville,+Hanover,+Virginia+2311

Registration will open at 0815.

Shooters’ Safety Briefing will be at 0845.

Shooting starts at 0900.

These are the typical times for this range.

Remember Forrest, scores are overrrated, it's all about how COOL you look on youtube,,,, miss fast, miss often grasshopper, and keep pulling that 7th shot, someday it shall go bang and not click. Please don't beat me for awhile, I'd hate to have to go to SS and deal with Ed D. all the time !!!!

Remember Forrest, scores are overrrated, it's all about how COOL you look on youtube,,,, miss fast, miss often grasshopper, and keep pulling that 7th shot, someday it shall go bang and not click. Please don't beat me for awhile, I'd hate to have to go to SS and deal with Ed D. all the time !!!!

Haha I'm sorry to be gunning for ya, but I've got some big fish to fry in Louisiana...so good luck with Ed. By the way I swear his mother was a ballerina and his father was some sort of matrix character....which explains the prancing speed shooting!

It's looking good so far we've got five shooters online for the revo squad and a few more tentative. One day I will master your charisma John Z!

Your asperations are lofty, grasshopper, some day you shall join us on our new quest to rid the world of the undead, killin' Zombies 1 shot to the head, new zombie match debut next Wed night. I have membership # VA 1 set aside for you in the new game, good luck at your match my revo brother

Forrest,

I saw the rules allowed me to throw in my 7-shot cylinder and I just wanted to know where that put me in the equipment race :sight:

Westczek

BTW -- The forecast says 35 degrees and snowing!

It'll still keep you below me in the score sheet so it's legal.....still in revo for this one. They allow eights. All revos with iron sights are equal here.

It's looking good so far we've got five shooters online for the revo squad and a few more tentative. One day I will master your charisma John Z!

Your asperations are lofty, grasshopper, some day you shall join us on our new quest to rid the world of the undead, killin' Zombies 1 shot to the head, new zombie match debut next Wed night. I have membership # VA 1 set aside for you in the new game, good luck at your match my revo brother

Now that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! Details please.

If I get more than 12 Revo shooters I think I win the charisma race...for this round.

Edited by Forrest Halley

My "8" division will allow 8 shot revos to play in Zombie land, they will compete with any gun with max ammo in gun at anytime of 8, so no topping off the 1911's, makes load and make ready faster. Can't give you all the details yet, but rest assured it's COOL. After our first historical event, I'll get you some details. Do you think your local club would try a match. I have a 3 stage classifier/ shooter safety course set up that is fast and easy to get initial classification and make sure the new shooter is safe with commands and load/unload ect. That will be 48 rounds and will run quick, then have at it within the spirit of the game and have fun. With the headshot theme it is good IDPA practice

Holding out for no snow...if it does we're probably done. If it doesn't we're going to have a great time with more and more revo shooters coming out of the woodwork. Pray for no snow!

Zombie killers ain't fraid of no snow, man up and shoot

Holding out for no snow...if it does we're probably done. If it doesn't we're going to have a great time with more and more revo shooters coming out of the woodwork. Pray for no snow!

Zombie killers ain't fraid of no snow, man up and shoot

The range owner and match directors are.

PRAY FOR NO SNOW.

My "8" division will allow 8 shot revos to play in Zombie land, they will compete with any gun with max ammo in gun at anytime of 8, so no topping off the 1911's, makes load and make ready faster. Can't give you all the details yet, but rest assured it's COOL. After our first historical event, I'll get you some details. Do you think your local club would try a match. I have a 3 stage classifier/ shooter safety course set up that is fast and easy to get initial classification and make sure the new shooter is safe with commands and load/unload ect. That will be 48 rounds and will run quick, then have at it within the spirit of the game and have fun. With the headshot theme it is good IDPA practice

John Z, This is a similar concept that went on in Tontitown Arkansas Monday night. In place of our ICORE match , Rick went with a 8 shot limit for autos and openend up to them. But the set up was easier (meaning you would not get confused of where you were) shooting in six shot arrays. Targets were hid behind barricades and such so that at any one time you would be able to see three targets easily but could take a harder shot at the fourth one before leaving a shooting area and going to the other. Good luck with the match. Hey wait a minute you are only 17 hours from me and.....nope common sense snuck in and I beter stay closer to home. later rdd

Spoke with the match director today and he was very excited to hear about so much revolver interest at last minute. Icore is looking like it could happen in the future. This promises to be a good match at a club known for its steel collection. So far seven revo shooters confirmed. Still lacking on the twelve John, but believe me we'll get there one way or another. Who really cares how many...biggest thing is the wheels keep turning.

Spoke with the match director today and he was very excited to hear about so much revolver interest at last minute. Icore is looking like it could happen in the future. This promises to be a good match at a club known for its steel collection. So far seven revo shooters confirmed. Still lacking on the twelve John, but believe me we'll get there one way or another. Who really cares how many...biggest thing is the wheels keep turning.

You are an asset to the revo brotherhood my friend, well done

Forrest,

I'm all loaded and ready. Looks like a dusting at most on Friday. Saturday is looking good. And I'm leaving the 7-shot cylinder in safe. Sticking with the 6-shot.

Westczek

Glad to hear you are coming to face the fearsome five inch with equal number of shots Mike. Beware the Zaczek narrowly escaped his last encounter. HAHAHA try not to fall over John!

I'm bringing 714 rounds in clips, two guns and another shooter to help me devour my ammo pile! She's taking off her French tipped nails as we speak. Apparently fashion doesn't always go with firearms....Mel feel free to chime in here.

Standby for early morning update on match closure. Right now we've got an inch on snow on the ground fifteen minutes away from the range. Will call early in the am to the MD and find out the for sure go or no go. ALL PARTIES DESIRING A HEADS UP LEAVE ME A CELL NUMBER IN PM.