Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

REVO Squad at the Black Creek Steel shoot 1-8-11

Apparently they intend to give a GO or No-Go on site this morning. Looks as though the ground and roads suffered only a dusting. If the match is cancelled there is a local gunshow to attend if you have to justify the trip out. This match is governed by an on site property owner that will make the call this morning some time. Zombie killers wear snow boots!

Hello all,

Even with the snow the match went on. Black Creek is lovely when covered with an inch of the white stuff.

It was a fun match, but not for the ammunition challanged. I could not have shot a match like this during the great primer shortage of '09!

We had a great revolver squad. I always figure five is pretty good for revolver turnout. I have to salute Eric and Mack who ground there way throught this marathon steel match with speedloaders. Oh, and Eric had no sights (being he was shooting a model 10).

Always good to shoot with Forrest to most enthusiastic and gung-ho shooter I think I have ever met. And congradulations to Virginia, as a beginner, for soldiering through an exhuasting match in the cold. I was having a hard time even ejecting 38 Short Colt cases by the last stage (Number 8). :wacko:

I don't even want to count my brass to see how far above the 240 round count I went.

Westczek (Mike)

Rock on Mike! I am very grateful for you making the long trip from NOVA to come out and play in the snow! A real Revoman's man! I nominate him for zombie killer membership. This guy is a serious competitor that we've got to find a way to get to Sir Walter sometime. Carpool!

Mac and Eric are seriously dedicated revo slingers as well that deserve a tip of the cap. I have a hard time grinding through 300 rounds in speedloaders. Mac's gun was a bone stock 686 with a factory trigger and Eric braved the sea of steel with a trigger lightened model 10. Nice job guys!

Virginia managed to hold the gun up with the super ninja shooting stance for the better part of the match fearlessly battling mini split poppers and other challenges with humor and lots of laughs all around.

The snow may have kept away a lot of shooters today but the proud and brave that showed up had a rocking good time and united to burn a mountain of ammunition in the name of keeping the wheels turning.

Looks like you pulled off a great time for the VA area revos Forrest, way to go my revo brother!!! First Zombie match is this Wed night and we will try to have videos up for you to see. All you need to put on a match is a range (indoor or outdoor), some people that want to stop the undead from taking over, a good imagination, desire to have a good time in a safe environment, some targets (save your old match targts, most times the heads are not all shot and pasted up) and that's about it. I am working on new club info packs now and will get some out soon. Nice job Forrest !!!!