Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from the North end of South Carolina

SCRich

Getting back into competitive shooting but I have been collecting for a long time. Started shooting at 8 and competing SmallBore rifle, by 13 I was shooting High Power Rifle National Match and went to Perry a few times before work, cars and women got in the way. Spent a few years as a LEO and in EMS but got into electronics and working on a family.

Well fast forward to now, I got a bit of time and a bit of money, been collecting guns all of these years since I was 8 and I am 44 now. Built a house on property and I have a 100yd range so I have no excuise about time to shoot. I have not shot a competition since my first girlfriend and it's time to "get back home". My eyes are not quite what they once were so I have decided to take up competitive pistol shooting, it's a lot better for these peepers than 600yds with iron sights! So here I am, got a lot of learning to do as to classes, rules and where to find my mojo...Production, Limited, Unlimited ? USPSA, IPSC, IDPA, Bianchi, GSSF, NRA, PPC ? Lot's to learn and I hope to come up to speed quickly. I hear that there is a small informal Steel Challenge competition coming up on Saturday so who knows, I'll probably go.

Rich

Edited by SCRich

Hey Rich,

Welcome. What do you define as "North end of SC"?

If you mean the NorthWest, then Spartanburg is having a USPSA Match on Sat (Jan 1). If you are interested feel free to send me a PM or an email at james.flowers at oracle.com.

North end as in York County...I was thinking of going to Pappy's for the Steel match on Saturday. Our plans for New Years Eve fell through and so did our plans for New Years Night so I was thinking of starting off the year right :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the area (Greenville, SC) and am looking forward to shooting some matches in the area as well. I joined the Spartanburg crew in December and this last weekend ventured down to Columbia for their USPSA match. Both great groups of guys and gals.

Rich,

Are you planning to shoot the Central Carolina match on Sat (Jan 15th)? I am hoping to make it, residual snow, freezing temps, and all.

How about Statesville (straight up I-77) on Sunday?

Edited by JFlowers

I would like to but can't. I work on-call every 6 weeks and I just went on-call Monday morning so I'll be sitting by the phone waiting to get called to work the entire weekend. So far it's been quiet but we have crews that work during the day so not a big deal, only at night. Weekends are different I am the only person day or night available to work from Statesville to Kershaw and from York to Maxton so I tend not to do anything on those weekends but be a couch potato. I may go by and watch but don't like doing that either since phone coverage there is a bit weak.

Waiting for my Blade-Tech items to come in the mail also but with all these weather delays it will be awhile, MAYBE the holster will arrive by Friday, it was due yesterday.

Rich

Pappy's does IDPA, Steel Challenge, 3 Gun, and USPSA. I've been shooting there for 3-4 months or so. Kinda cold there lately, I skipped the shoots this month... too cold for me.

GSSF is something I really enjoy, but there are much fewer of them. Go to gssfonline.com and you can see the schedule, even though it's not finalized (several shoots are still not final).

I tend to like it colder than hot, I am sure that the various governing groups have reg's against shooting in the nude! LOL It can get awful HOT at Pappy's in the summer!!

I got my Blade Tech in the mail today but MidwayUSA.com did not list the double and single mag pouches (double stack) that I wanted. I have to find another stocking dealer of blade tech products and see who I can get it from at a decent price. I'll have to check Brownells since I can get dealer from them. Almost ready to get hot and heavy with shooting. I got a bunch of .40 ammo but got to load up 9mm now that I have a G34 to shoot I think that would be better than the G35 for recovery times. Got to search for some bulk 9mm tips and cook up a good load.

Welcome Rich and Brian!

Brian, were you there with another guy? I was the fat guy that walked funny with a revolver.

I was on my own! I squaded with the guys that started on Stage 2 I believe. Hopefully over the coming year I can meet up with some guys from the Upstate that would be interested in sharing a ride to some of the matches. Its boring traveling on my own! I race bicycles and one of the best parts is the road trips with the boys!