Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

zero 147 9mm

fastarget

Attempted to purchase some but everyone is out of stock(been wanting to try them and consider switching from Berry's RN147)....is there another bullet I could purchase 147 JHP for the same costs (not hornaday etc), to fill the void until they are back in stock?

Attempted to purchase some but everyone is out of stock(been wanting to try them and consider switching from Berry's RN147)....is there another bullet I could purchase 147 JHP for the same costs (not hornaday etc), to fill the void until they are back in stock?

Montana Gold of course!! They don't make a hollow point in 147 but the 147 CMJ is outstanding! As good or better than ZERO and always in stock.

montanagoldbullet.com

That's the problem...even when someone gets them back in stock, they sell out quickly, and you'll have to wait months again. The Zero 147gr JHP shoots the best in my M&P, so I bought 3K the last time they were available, but I'm saving them for big matches and will use Montana Gold 147gr CMJs, for everything else. The MG 147gr CMJs shoot well (like 2" at 25yds) in my gun, so I could live with them for big matches if I had to, and they're always available. Precision Delta 147gr FMJ-TCs didn't shoot as well in my gun, but not terrible. They also have a standard 147gr FMJ (not TC) that I haven't tried. I also tried the Zero 147gr FMJ, and my gun hated them (like 12" groups at 25yds), but they shot fine in my buddy's G34. R,

Thanks for the input gents, MG are a way to go if I have to. Pdelta are good but their accuracy from my guns seems similar to Berrys, they group well up close but start to open up on the 20 yds to 30 yards.

I have had these issues with Zero as well, when the market goes dry, they wont produce for a while. Their 185 JHP in 45 acp is fantastic, I would be impressed if the 9mm 147 is similar. Just dont understand the business sense of that company, if they don't supply the market the custormers will go elsewhere.

Bigpops, Thanks for the offer, you are most kind (great xmas spirit)I ususally order 3K and up since both me and my wife shoot( m&p and 2011), but If I could buy a few of the zero to try I would really like that.

Edited by fastarget