Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 450? What would you do?

A friend brought over a box. It has an older Dillon press inside along with some goodies. I'm guessing it's a 450 but I'm not for sure.

I was thinking it might be nice to have another Dillon (I have a 650) on the bench for use in reloading for rifles?

I've read where Dillon stands behind their equipment...this one has rust and is not "pristine" in any way, shape or form! If I were to send this press in to Dillon, do you expect they would fix it up? What do you think I'd get charged? I imagine I'd like to get the thing updated to a 550 level.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

Bob

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

+1 on the 550. The 450 does not have a removable tool head.

I agree with Dukerdog. Get Dillon to tune that machine up and you will have a very nice second machine. I gave my 550 to my son and bought a 650 from Brian. I love the 650 but I miss the 550 for loading rifle and some of the more esoteric cartridges that I shoot.

No worries- it is an RL550B. Cost for clean and lube service is $47.95, which includes return shipping. Simply phone or e-mail for a return authorization. If you e-mail, please include your address. Current in-house turnaround time is about two weeks.

No worries- it is an RL550B. Cost for clean and lube service is $47.95, which includes return shipping. Simply phone or e-mail for a return authorization. If you e-mail, please include your address. Current in-house turnaround time is about two weeks.

and ive read its way faster then two weeks sometimes matter a fact it was in blue press last month lol