• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the typical round count for this match?

____ Rifle

____ Pistol

____ Shotgun (Birdshot)

____ Shotgun (Slug)

B)

I recall reading that it would be similar to last year. The round count for last year can be found by searching for the BR3G 2010 thread under one of Mr. Horner's posts with the words "Can't figure out how to post a table here but" or something to that extent.

I recall reading that it would be similar to last year. The round count for last year can be found by searching for the BR3G 2010 thread under one of Mr. Horner's posts with the words "Can't figure out how to post a table here but" or something to that extent.

Thanks I found it. Looks like at a min. last year you should bring 200 pistol, 200 rifle, 100 birdshot, & 25 slugs.

Of course experience dictates that one should bring at least three times that amount for each! ;)

DPMS is the new title sponsor of the BRM3G!!

After a couple of great years, Sabre Defence has had to step down as title sponsor due to internal changes. We wish them the best with the changes that they are undergoing, and hope they are back with us in some capacity next year.

As you all know, DPMS makes great rifles and supports 3-gun at many levels. Their willingness to jump in as our title sponsor illustrates the dedication they have to our sport. Check out their website at DPMSInc.com to see their extensive line of rifles and components. Several members of their shooting team will be at the match as well as a DMPS rep or two. Be sure to thank them for their efforts, not only with the Blue Ridge match, but with all competitive shooting.

We have several sponsors that are returning this year, and several new ones that will be present. Once I am able to catch up, I will have the announcements out here and on the match website (BRM3G.COM).

Stage design is being worked on, but will not be finished until the middle to end of March. I have to make a trip to Rockcastle before finalizing the stages. Obviously, round counts will appear after that.

The match has filled and a waiting list has been started. I will try to get information to the folks effected regularly and keep you updated, but don’t expect Linda’s level of care – I am not that organized!!! Also, there probably will be no changes for the first several weeks. Be patient and email me with questions.

Andy

At present the waiting list is short, and there is also the possibility of some competitors shooting with the ROs on Wednesday and Thursday. I have no idea how many slots, if any, will open up. Some well versed folks say to expect around 10% (~20 shooters) to cancel. If you would like to get on the waiting list, send in your application. No checks will be cashed unless you are able to attend the match. There probably will not be any significant movement on the waiting list until the middle to end of March, which is still 4 weeks before the match. As I emailed to someone about the waiting list -- do not expect the notices like Linda sends out, I am not that organized. Maybe someday, but probably not!!!

Andy

What a kick in the face! Didn't get my app. in soon enough and the match is full. HATE TO MISS THIS ONE! How long is the wait'n list? :sick:

Joe? What the heck?? Get your app in ASAP!!! See ya @ BRM3G

Last year there were even some rooms that opened up at the lodge at the last minute but this year I think there is a waiting list for that as well.

More GREAT NEWS!!!

I am pleased to announce that Bushnell has joined forces with BRM3G and DPMS as a title sponsor!!

Bushnell has an extensive line of products for all shooters, from hunting to competition to law enforcement. With the introduction of many new products and updates of others, Bushnell is advancing into 3-gun with lots of items you will need to check out. You can start the process by going to Bushnell.com! When you see Tom, Aloysius, or any of their other reps, thank them for supporting 3-gun. So in addition to the quality firearms of DPMS, you can round out your 3-gun needs at Bushnell!

Please check our updated Sponsor Page!! EVERYTHING you need for 3-gun competition, shooting, or hunting can be purchased from one of these fine companies that support our sport. Buy from them and refer your friends!

The match:

I have a few folks on the waiting list, and have already had a couple of cancellations. However, it will be a few weeks before I begin moving folks off the list.

We are looking forward to having Mark Wills return to the match and perform for us again. Maybe we can find some more cow patties on a stage just for Mark! Remember the Wounded Warrior Project auction after dinner on Saturday.

Registration will begin at noon on Thursday and end at 9:00 or so. However, Tammi has to eat at some point – don’t bother her then! Come back to the registration area afterwards.

The shooters meeting will be held at 6:30 on Friday morning with the first group of shooters firing rounds at 7:15. (Get your gear together Thursday night and be ready.) The restaurant will be open with coffee and breakfast beginning around 5:45, and those of you who shoot in the second hour will have time to eat after the meeting. Stages and round count will be posted at a later date.

Andy

BTW: I rarely sign in here and even more rarely look to see if I have messages. If you want to contact me, email me at AFH3G@YAHOO.COM.

Cave City is ok. Still not safe enough to leave your guns in the car, but as long as it's a decent hotel you're ok. The real cheap places around there burn down regularly from the meth labs.

Which ones are the decent motels? I made reservations at Econolodge. Can't tell much from the picture.

TLD, I don't know specifically which hotels are good. I live too close to have ever stayed at any of them. ;)

I guess I should have said- generally, Cave City is good as long as the hotel isn't advertising "recently remodeled due to fire."

TLD, I don't know specifically which hotels are good. I live too close to have ever stayed at any of them. ;)

I guess I should have said- generally, Cave City is good as long as the hotel isn't advertising "recently remodeled due to fire."

What is the rate to stay at your house Bryan? :surprise:

Charles, I used the same online sign-up method for Casa de la Ray as Linda uses for Benning and Rockcastle 3G. All open vacancies filled in .01 seconds.

Better luck next year. :cheers:

Well actually I have a room at the lodge which was easier to get than a match registration.........but if I lived that close to this range I would be really tempted to take in boarders to finance my attendance at other events.

Maybe what we need to do is start a new housing exchange thread where you let folks stay at your house for this match and they host you when you attend Benning or another match but given most of us, you would want to hide your women folk and the Sunday silver when they come.

Maybe what we need to do is start a new housing exchange thread where you let folks stay at your house for this match and they host you when you attend Benning or another match but given most of us, you would want to hide your women folk and the Sunday silver when they come.

They have something like this over at ADVRider Forums

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149585

'Buddy of mine has utilized it during a couple of trips and didn't end up chopped into pieces at the bottom of some guys freezer...

Edited by Gaoler