Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which one to keep. SLP or M1 tactical

SoCalGlocker

Good lord I'm sure this question has been beat to death, or... maybe not.

I now am the proud owner of 3 of the finest shotguns in the world and I "need" to make a decision on which one to offload. So, here's where I ask my forum buddies and ladies to voice their opinion on which one to offload.

1 - SLP MK1 factory new.

2 - M1S90 tactical w/pistol grip & 2 shot extension, chokes and paperwork.

3 - M1S90 rifle sight w/PG and factory rifle stock, 2 shot extension, all chokes, paperwork, factory box and gray carry case.

#3 was my first autoloader and the mossberg 590 is staying as the HD shotgun.

#2 & #1 were purchased within 1 week of each other and I have to say I like BOTH. The FN is just stupid accurate, much easier to load and has a great sighting system. The M1 is extremely light and agile, the included ghost ring sights are nice for slugging it out.

So am I making the right choice by keeping #1 and 2 and selling #3?

What say you...

I have the M1 S90 Tactical model. Had my gunsmith go over it and do the basics, i.e. weld the carrier, change sights, safety, bolt release, recoil spring, polish internals, open port, etc. It runs great and I love the Tac stock. I really want to try the SLP and I've heard great things about it. I would sell #3.

You didn't give all the information we needed (really I needed). If all shotguns have the same length of barrel (around 21 inch), then you are making a wise decision...I for one don't like the pistol grip but you might. Now if either of the Benelli's have an 18 inch barrel then I would dump it, IMHO.

As already said, the Benelli's don't generally don't like light ammo, however, that can be fixed. I love my Benellis but they took some work, and if they didn't work so well I would dump all of them in a heart beat, since they do "ZERO", NADA, NOTHING for our sport!

Of course if the SLP is to heavy then you can work out some:-)...

Just my .02 worth,

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

RLTW,

SGM ® Scott