Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slugs for Benelli

SVI4ME

I have a Benelli that is VERY stubborn when it comes to light loads. Remington slugs feel nice but are not very reliable or accurate. I heard from a good shotgunner that Fiocchi Slugs are accurate and not shooter killers. Any other ideas here? Or places you can find the Fiocchi slugs on the net?

I don't quite unerstand the trick to the stock not binding the recoil tube. I have put many 100.00 into making this thing run. I have installed a Sure-Cycle SS tube and still having problems. Who is the Benelli guru here? Will a extended mag tube cause problems? I just went back to the stock configuration of 11 to go W/ one in the carrier.

Sure-Cycles don't fix anything! If your stock binds, it will also bind on a sure cycle tube. Long mag tubes won't cause failure either. I have a 14 round tube on my open Benelli and it runs any 3 dram 1 1/8 load.

SVI4ME

If you want a Benelli Guru old Kurt knows about as much as a guru should - and then some :rolleyes: . Check out the Benelli and light loads thread running, Kurt describes how to try and cure the pistol grip stock problems. I plan to follow these to try and get mine to work.

Mike

The Fiocchi slugs recommended to me where the "Aero" slug. I bought a box (@ $5.50) locally and they cycled about the same as the Federal Tactical ones I now use (because they are cheaper). The Federal Tac hold about 3-4 inches at 50 yards (a bit of that imprecision is me) and are available for $150/case (250) from www.ammoman.com

--

Regards,

I finally figured this bugger out. I put back on my 11 round tube and put in a wolff light spring that I clipped off 1.5 inches of spring (thanks Adam). I took ti out today and it shot Walmart Federals perfect. The Walmart Winchester worked but did not lock the bolt back on the last shot. The Remington Low Recoil slugs worked great now. I put about 30 rounds through it and ran perfect. Just gonna leave it alone now for the Nationals.

Thanks all

Rob