Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Extractor Removal Tool

Seth

Falling into the category of a tool that I didn't think I needed, but now can't live without!

I bought the 1911 Extractor Removal Tool on a whim with a much larger order. I thought nothing of it, just figured WTF...

HOLY MOLY. This thing is the BOMB. Simply effective. Nice job!

Falling into the category of a tool that I didn't think I needed, but now can't live without!

I bought the 1911 Extractor Removal Tool on a whim with a much larger order. I thought nothing of it, just figured WTF...

HOLY MOLY. This thing is the BOMB. Simply effective. Nice job!

Hmmm...once again I must be doing something wrong. I (and Tim due to my encouragment) jumped on the "gotta have" bandwagon and purchased one. I have fiddeled with it and still cant get it to work on my Open gun. You will have to show me your secret Sensei...Grasshopper is weak :roflol:

Couldn't be simpler. Pull the firing pin stop and firing pin. Stick the tool against the breechface with the caliber that the gun is chambed in AGAINST the breechface. Push up til you get a little resistance and then pry the extractor out the back with the screw driver.

I had it out in about 10 sec.

Couldn't be simpler. Pull the firing pin stop and firing pin. Stick the tool against the breechface with the caliber that the gun is chambed in AGAINST the breechface. Push up til you get a little resistance and then pry the extractor out the back with the screw driver.

Takes me 5 sec without the tool :goof:

Takes me 5 sec without the tool :goof:

Have you tried this thing? It eliminates prying the hook back to clear the hole. Not rocket science by any stretch...... but it is so simply.

Again... gotta see the simplicity of this thing. It accomplishes the same thing that you do, but does so so easily. basically its just a wedge that forces the hook back. Ya just push it into place.

Look its Dave's 50th birthday, so I spent $15 as a present!:roflol: