Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coworker's sister murdered

G-ManBart

Damnit, this has been a pretty terrible seven days or so. :(

Last week the three kids "disappeared" down in Morenci, MI, and I thought that was bad enough. At about 4pm today we found out that the 19yr old sister of a guy I work with (our pods share a wall), and really like, was murdered late Tues. It's been on the national news and the details are just still getting sorted out, but it's absolutely senseless (not that they often make sense)...no obvious direct connection to the bad guy, other than being friends with the other 3 people who were murdered. Of course, the coward killed himself as soon as he saw cops responding....yeah, real tough guy. I'm a pretty upbeat person, but I am really tired of hearing about things like this....

Sorry to hear this.

It's always tough when something bad happens to someone you know. Figuring out what to say and how to help them is difficult at best and often just impossible. Dealing with the family of murder victim's everyday, I would tell you not to avoid the subject and talk to him about his loss if he so desires. Because of the uncomfortableness many people avoid the issue or the person altogether and that just makes it worse on them.