Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA SHOOTOUT 2011

Rosey was just telling me that a few people told him that they think two stars are too much for the match. we talked about it and decided they were right. so this year you will see four stars :goof: and.... three swingers and at least one polish plate rack maybe two. :devil:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh joy...really it does sound fun. I need to get out a practice my reloads a little its been a long winter. Will there be multiple stars on one stage?

There was two on one stage last year.

As far as I'm concerned, put all four stars on one stage and let's do this. :devil:

Rosey was just telling me that a few people told him that they think two stars are too much for the match. we talked about it and decided they were right. so this year you will see four stars :goof: and.... three swingers and at least one polish plate rack maybe two. :devil:

:surprise:

:sick:

:roflol:

It's going to be fun :cheers:

:surprise:

:sick:

:roflol:

It's going to be fun :cheers:

You'll be fine. Just bring a LOT of mags and ammo. :roflol:

Chris:

I have received about 10 calls from people who heard the rumor about the polish plate rack. One or 2 welcome the challenge. The rest saw it on You_Tube and are very upset. Just an FYI./

I'm ready for the challenge. I just want to get 3-4 more magazines put together and tested before the match. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Lost at PSA Practice match at Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club on April 9--- One of our brand new blue timers with either LP or LPRGC written on it in sharpie. Any help locating it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

Edited by mikegot38

I'm shooting Sunday AM. What time should I be at the range?

Shooters meeting is 30 minutes prior to the match so just be on time for that and you will be fine.

Thanks Mike!

Do we have a round count for the match?

There is never an official round count because the match is not on the ground yet. I always tell people to be prepared for 33 rounds per stage and this year I am told there are 7 stages. Enjoy.

Edited by mikegot38

Spent all dat at Palmyra today. Some were already practicing the stages of the match. I got to shoot one of them.

How does it look?

And more important, how many stars :surprise:

Any PPR's (Polish Plate Racks) or DAMMIT's(Devious And Maliciously Manufactured Irritating Targets)?

Spent all dat at Palmyra today. Some were already practicing the stages of the match. I got to shoot one of them.

How does it look?

And more important, how many stars :surprise:

Any PPR's (Polish Plate Racks) or DAMMIT's(Devious And Maliciously Manufactured Irritating Targets)?

Three stars and one polish plate rack. I shot pistol and shotgun today. What a blast. Hats off to all the people at Palmyra for such a great shoot. You guys are awesome :cheers:

Here's a couple of videos with the shotgun. It's going to be hard to keep up with the Saiga's and Stick fed 1100's

Edited by JMIS

After some discussion we have decided to NOT run the side matches anymore and instead add a 7th stage

I shot Friday afternoon and learned a lot about shooting small targets (as in I suck) - particularly stage 7 which looked like a treeline rising and falling. I also learned that regardless of what the weather is in the morning, bring extra clothing. The afternoon was cold and drizzled the whole time and I only had my cheap poncho which was overkill and a PITA to keep putting on and taking off.

A few comments...

The RO's and staff were all great and I really appreciated the work that went into running stage 5 (Polish plate rack) and having extra help to set that.

I missed the fact that there would be a 7th stage as did almost everyone in the squad and the flyer only listed 6 stages. As a result, most people barely had enough ammo to finish and may not have had enough if they had to reshoot a stage. Even now, the web site still says 6 stages as did the score sheets.

Everyone in my squad was surprised to find that the rules had been changed this year to limit the time to 90 seconds rather than shooting till you are out of ammo. I can understand why this was done but it was not in the rules and not mentioned in the briefing. It was only found out when one shooter reached the time limit and was stopped.

I was really bothered by the fact that about half of my squad bugged out immediately after finishing shooting the last stage (stage 5), this left only about 5 of us who had not shot to reset a complicated stage and slowed everything down. Between that and some equipment problems, we didn't finish until well after everyone else was gone. This is no reflection on the shootout itself but does not speak well of the people who left early. I know that this cannot be done, but I would like to see the RO's hold the yellow copies till everyone is finished with the last stage and anyone who leaves early forfeits the last stage.

As for next year, I do think I'll do this again and might even plan on spending a couple days there rather than commuting 2 hrs from Delaware.

After some discussion we have decided to NOT run the side matches anymore and instead add a 7th stage

I missed the fact that there would be a 7th stage as did almost everyone in the squad and the flyer only listed 6 stages. As a result, most people barely had enough ammo to finish and may not have had enough if they had to reshoot a stage. Even now, the web site still says 6 stages as did the score sheets.

Everyone in my squad was surprised to find that the rules had been changed this year to limit the time to 90 seconds rather than shooting till you are out of ammo. I can understand why this was done but it was not in the rules and not mentioned in the briefing. It was only found out when one shooter reached the time limit and was stopped.

Graham,

That info was posted in the News Flash on the PSA website..

I shot Friday afternoon and learned a lot about shooting small targets (as in I suck) - particularly stage 7 which looked like a treeline rising and falling. I also learned that regardless of what the weather is in the morning, bring extra clothing. The afternoon was cold and drizzled the whole time and I only had my cheap poncho which was overkill and a PITA to keep putting on and taking off.

A few comments...

The RO's and staff were all great and I really appreciated the work that went into running stage 5 (Polish plate rack) and having extra help to set that.

I was really bothered by the fact that about half of my squad bugged out immediately after finishing shooting the last stage (stage 5), this left only about 5 of us who had not shot to reset a complicated stage and slowed everything down. Between that and some equipment problems, we didn't finish until well after everyone else was gone. This is no reflection on the shootout itself but does not speak well of the people who left early. I know that this cannot be done, but I would like to see the RO's hold the yellow copies till everyone is finished with the last stage and anyone who leaves early forfeits the last stage.

As for next year, I do think I'll do this again and might even plan on spending a couple days there rather than commuting 2 hrs from Delaware.

At the shooter's meeting this morning, it was mentioned that anyone leaving before the squad was finished would not have their scoresheet handed in, and that everyone was expected to help reset steel and pick up brass.

The match was awesome.

I shot this match and it was great. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best shooting match there is. Someone mentioned that this is now the largest falling steel match in the United States. That's nice to hear because it deserves that kind of recognition.

The Polish plate rack was tough. I had never seen one before, and I shot it the wrong way. But hopefully it will be back next year because I'll be ready! Also, the more Texas stars, the better.

* Thank you to the people who organized this match and worked it. I cannot imagine how hard it is to set up and run this match. In case anyone is wondering, it was 182 targets total.

Bring back the side matches! The more shooting the better.

Joe Mamma

I shot this match and it was great. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best shooting match there is. Someone mentioned that this is now the largest falling steel match in the United States. That's nice to hear because it deserves that kind of recognition.

The Polish plate rack was tough. I had never seen one before, and I shot it the wrong way. But hopefully it will be back next year because I'll be ready! Also, the more Texas stars, the better.

* Thank you to the people who organized this match and worked it. I cannot imagine how hard it is to set up and run this match. In case anyone is wondering, it was 182 targets total.

Bring back the side matches! The more shooting the better.

Joe Mamma

Polish plate rack: 2,3,4,1. That seemed to work best for most folks.

I disagree on the side matches. I really think the addition of a 7th stage was better.

Here's my match, most of it anyway. Stage 3 didn't get taped (user error on the part of the guy with the camera :roflol: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9352fzUTbU

Edited by Pro2AInPA