Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please tell me what I have - EAA?

Leftoutside

Hi All,

Would one of you please care to tell me what I have here. The frame has no markings except the serial number. The slide does say EAA.

This was supposed to be customized by Gann Custom. It includes an extra slide and barrel marked 9x21.

Thank you very much for your reply's and I hope I'm not out of line here by asking what a value would be.

Thanks

post-17087-020132900 1290906426_thumb.jp

post-17087-093589800 1290906498_thumb.jp

post-17087-031852400 1290906521_thumb.jp

It looks like early 90's vintage (TZ, Tanfoglio, Springfield Armory P-9, etc..) then EAA small frame.

Basic CZ frame copy although parts do not interchange in many cases.

Looks like somebody put some real time into that frame, the beavertail looks to be handmade as is the mag well.

9x21 was the ORGINAL major 9 back in the day.

as for value hard to say, not much demand, if you get $700 to $1000, take it...

Here is how I know.....

post-23648-033544500 1290919046_thumb.jp

post-23648-026016500 1290919065_thumb.jp

Edited by revomodel10

Nice Pistol!!

Looks like a EAA Witness with long slide and comp kit. Custom machining by a gunsmith. EAA did make a comp kit in 9x21 with barrel and comp. EAA is the usa importer of tanfoglio, prior to EAA it was Springfield armory as the P9.

Run it, if it works well and a big plus is the small frame, I rebarreled my 9x21 to 9Major and works great.

Here's my old pic of my Witness with tasco built by Kevin Toothman

e2bc078d.jpg

My P9 LSP by Joe Garcia

8e68d750.jpg

Edited by flack jacket

Hi All,

Would one of you please care to tell me what I have here. The frame has no markings except the serial number. The slide does say EAA.

This was supposed to be customized by Gann Custom. It includes an extra slide and barrel marked 9x21.

Thank you very much for your reply's and I hope I'm not out of line here by asking what a value would be.

Thanks

Nice pistols Rev. Old skool!!!

I'll concur with the rest of the group, it certainly appears to be a Tanfo/EAA small frame gun. They do seem to be seeing a slight resurgence of interest, probably due to Henning and Eric G.

I've started shooting mine again, in 9 Major. Its fun!

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help trying to find a mag that will fit this. My mag measures 1.255 x .950 and hold 17 rounds. Can someone please tell me which mags to order for it. Are Mec-Gar mags OK? They have one that is listed as a 16 round that looks like it may work.

Flack Jacket mentioned he converted his 9x21 to 9 Major. What is involved in doing that? A barrel swap? Reaming the chamber? Or does it use the standard 9x19 chamber and brass?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and reply's.

Go to Hennings website for parts and mags. You will find that he is an incredible person to deal with. You will learn that the comp you have needs a lot of gas to work properly. Auto Comp and AA#7 work very well with mine when loaded to major. I load to an over all of 1.170 with out any problems in the mags . I use the 9x21 barrel like yours and load 9x19. With over 12,000 rounds through it there have been no problems.

• 2 years later...