Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plano Vertical Rifle Case

I ran across this by accident the other day. It looks like an interesting idea but there are a couple odd things. The price seems almost too low and Plano doesn't list these on their web site. Anyone seen one or know anything about it?

And before anyone says it... Yes, I know, get a Storm case. I'm just curious about this case thank you.

I have a couple of them. Paid around $25 apiece. I use them for transport to local

ranges. My 3 gun 1100 fits fine, but they don't have enough vertical height for a

AR with a ergo grip and DMS scope. Nice light case, holds the gun vertical with

foam blocks and velcro straps. It's called the AirGlide--but I don't think I would

pack a good gun in it and turn it over to the airline baggage monkeys.

Same here. I have a couple and they are great for going back and forth to the range. Room in there for cleaning rod and other small accessories.

I have seen a bunch of these cases at benchrest matches. Holds a high dollar gun with good protection.

I have seen them at all of the regular sporting goods stores off and on and they are relatively inexpensive.

I've seen these at the sporting goods store. I could see it being useful when moving around from one bay to the next or for using it as both a rifle case and small tool case to work on the rifle such as sighting it in. Other than that, I'm not too impressed with its quality and toughness. I definitely would not use this case as a check-in luggage for even a cheap rifle.

I was thinking about it for a scoped bolt action as an alternative to a soft case when driving. But the fact that Plano doesn't even list this on their own web site has me wondering about the quality for even that task.

Graham,

I use one for car transport to local matches, and use it in a wagon at the range. It works pretty well for that. Next time you head north for a match, shoot me an e-mail the night before, and I'll throw it in the truck, so you can see one in person. I seem to remember Dick's carrying them a few years ago....