Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More on a G17 Questions

ChopperDoc

Mods..I didn’t see a separate optics forum so please move this to the proper place if needed.

I built an open Glock 17. It runs great but I want to swap out the dovetail mounted Dr for a C-More Railway. I am thinking about the SJC Glock C-More mount. My question is. Can I use a railway C-More and just remove the rail mount? Midway has the railway version on sale. Also, will I regret not buying the click switch version?

What are my options for mounting a C-more on a Glock? What works? What does not?

Thanks

Vic

You brought up one of my next questions. Can someone tell me how much to open up the ejection port? I read somewhere that all that is needed is to lower it enough to remove the bevel. Do you all agree with this? How do you treat the bare metal after machining down the port? I have a friend with a machine shop so I am hoping he can handle this for me.

What other options are there for a mount? Is the SJC web site the cheapest place to pick one up? Anyone know where I can get a pre-owned one? What other brand mounts are you guys using with good results?

Who makes a good slide racker that will fit in the dovetail with minimal fitting?

Lastly, is there really much difference between the C-More with the click switch?

Thanks

Vic

take a look at carver mount ( it is one of the strongest mounts for the glock) I love mine his slide racker took about 5 min to fit and mount. I lowered my port so the bevel was gone that worked for me after I put the standard ejector back in the long one just would not work so try it first before spending the money on a long one

I built a open glock 17 and it took some tweeking but it runs like a top. I lowered the port myself using a carbide bit. I was having extraction issues and lowered the port a little at a time and ended up just above the serial number. I didn't treat the metal. as long as it has a film of oil it will be OK. I use the sjc mount it is a nice piece that is light and not as cumbersome as some of the others out there and requires no holster mods to use. It sits nice and low and is offset to the left just a smidge to aid in reliable extraction. However keep in mind you have to make some permanent mods to the gun with this mount. As far as finding a used one good luck. I also use the sjc slide racker. No fitting required, slides right in to the dove tail and locks down with a set screw. Make sure u use some blue lock tite on the set screw. I have both click and non click c-mores, the click is preferred by some shooters, In my opinion its not worth the 40 or so bucks and that money may be better invested in more mags or toward some Dawson base pads.

I built a open glock 17 and it took some tweeking but it runs like a top. I lowered the port myself using a carbide bit. I was having extraction issues and lowered the port a little at a time and ended up just above the serial number. I didn't treat the metal. as long as it has a film of oil it will be OK. I use the sjc mount it is a nice piece that is light and not as cumbersome as some of the others out there and requires no holster mods to use. It sits nice and low and is offset to the left just a smidge to aid in reliable extraction. However keep in mind you have to make some permanent mods to the gun with this mount. As far as finding a used one good luck. I also use the sjc slide racker. No fitting required, slides right in to the dove tail and locks down with a set screw. Make sure u use some blue lock tite on the set screw. I have both click and non click c-mores, the click is preferred by some shooters, In my opinion its not worth the 40 or so bucks and that money may be better invested in more mags or toward some Dawson base pads.

You got any pictures of your Glock?

Did you install the SJC yourself? What is involved?

Edited by ChopperDoc