Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Still thinking revolver

treefarmer

Still thinking revolver! Sure appreciate all the feed back from everybody. Since i don't have too much knowledge on all these revolvers yet, what is the difference between the model 625 and the 610, and which would be better for a new shooter? How about barrel length? Lug length? Thanks Roger

Roger, if you run a search on this sub-forum for the term "610" you should find all kinds of threads on this topic.

The general answer is that most of us find the 625 a little quicker on the reloads, but those who are already loading for .40 can benefit from some economies of scale by using a 610. The 5" 625 is still the best off-the-rack choice for USPSA, but you will be limited to a 4" gun if you want to shoot IDPA also. The 5" 610s are really good also, but terribly hard to find these days.

The other thing about a 610 is that true round nose bullets (much easier to reload fast) are a lot easier to find for the .45 than .40, although the guy I know who shoots a 610 uses lead, & I've heard of others getting a round nose mold made & casting their own.

i know of three companies making round nose 40's

i have been shooting billy bullet 180 gr RN for a while and just ordered up some 200 grain round nosed from bayou bullet company.

I have had my 610 for a while, I had Carmoney work it over and it is a shooter, maybe one day ill be able to out shoot it to justify swaping t a 625 but I don't see that becoming an issue...

I'm shooting Berry Bullets. 180 grain Round Nose in the copper plated double struck version.

They shoot very cleanly. Accuracy is probably 2 to 3 inch groups at 25 Yards.

Not the best but I haven't developed any loads for accuracy.

I shoot Billy Bullets in the 38 Super with about 1 inch group size at 25 yards.

Probably not so much a comment on bullets and my time to work up accurate loads.

The other thing about a 610 is that true round nose bullets (much easier to reload fast) are a lot easier to find for the .45 than .40, although the guy I know who shoots a 610 uses lead, & I've heard of others getting a round nose mold made & casting their own.

i can see where round nose bullets would be a big help when your in a hurry, racing the clock,every little bit helps! I noticed some shooters using round nose 38's I'll have to try some in the 19

I'm shooting Berry Bullets. 180 grain Round Nose in the copper plated double struck version.

Probably not so much a comment on bullets and my time to work up accurate loads.

sounds plenty accurate for fast shooting to me

sounds plenty accurate for fast shooting to me

My loading/accuracy studies are with a red dot and from a bench rest.