Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this legal?

818-DVC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I appreciate everyones response, I'm only going to listen to CA residents. Yesterday I was turned down for a gun deal for a CA legal SPringer .45, because the seller wouldn't ship to CA!!! All this banter back n forth and section codes. Unless you practice CA firearms law, or am shooting an STI in CA, this thread doesn't need out of staters to post ecxerpts from the same website with their Intrerpretation of what it means. Thank you. I'm off to buy some endmills, collets, etc to cut my slide this week. You all have a wonderful day

You are missing the point that it's not just CA laws that come into play, and that's what many folks have commented on. Federal law prohibits the transfer you initially asked about. I can get one of our ATF guys to read the thread and give me an opinion if you want (anonymous, of course), but I already know what he's going to say (having done something very similar in the past). R,

Thus far. I haven't done anything unlawful, immoral, or anything of the sort. I bought 1 frame from a CA resident FTF at my FFL's where it sits for 10 days. :)

as I head to school in a few months. I will become a resident and buy as many frames as I can during my 2 year duration. When I move back to CA. They will all be mine! Unless someone is going to tell me that's not legal either.

as I head to school in a few months. I will become a resident and buy as many frames as I can during my 2 year duration. When I move back to CA. They will all be mine! Unless someone is going to tell me that's not legal either.

You'll be able to bring the guns/frames back, but mags (normal capacity) will be a problem...can't bring those back to CA with you legally. R,

If you have preban mags in can you can bring new mags into the state a's long a's you turn them into repair kits (disasamble them). Then you can use those kits to repair upgrade or tune your mags. Make sure you don't take those to school with you put them in storage if you live the state :)

My CA tubes stay in CA. I will tune my own mags when I get to Co. I'll be starting in spring so it will be perfect to shoot matches. I'll be 1 hour to frisco county, and an hour to ft Collins. 40 minutes north I'm in Wyoming. I'll also be 20 minutes from boulder or Co springs.

My CA tubes stay in CA. I will tune my own mags when I get to Co. I'll be starting in spring so it will be perfect to shoot matches. I'll be 1 hour to frisco county, and an hour to ft Collins. 40 minutes north I'm in Wyoming. I'll also be 20 minutes from boulder or Co springs.

cool let me know if you make it out to Richmond i shoot there once in a while...

or if you come down to so Cal, I'll take you to where all the good action is :D

send me a facebook request if your on it (carlos anguiano).

good luck, shoot straight and shoot fast :D

cheers,

Los.

SPWL, Gopher flats, Norco. APTS, Only been to Richmond once, I occasinally shoot at Rio Salido, desert sportsman tues night steel, the Monthly man on man steel in boulder city and when I travel for business or visit family, I look for matches to shoot as it's the only time I can get away with a good excuse. I don't shoot a whole bunch of uspsa. Mostly steel, but I'm looking to accomplish some goals with USPSA Next year and really work on my strategies, recoil control, stage breakdown, reloads, standards, speed, and mental game.

SPWL, Gopher flats, Norco. APTS, Only been to Richmond once, I occasinally shoot at Rio Salido, desert sportsman tues night steel, the Monthly man on man steel in boulder city and when I travel for business or visit family, I look for matches to shoot as it's the only time I can get away with a good excuse. I don't shoot a whole bunch of uspsa. Mostly steel, but I'm looking to accomplish some goals with USPSA Next year and really work on my strategies, recoil control, stage breakdown, reloads, standards, speed, and mental game.

well hit me up next time you shoot in so-cal, will squad up.

i'm a member at Gopher's and a regular at Norco, and SWPL.