Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat Topping - Bo-Mar Rear Sight Cut Question

ExtremeShot

I'm going to get an STI slide that has the rear Bo-Mar sight cut already done (I just dont' want to mess with having to cut it myself).

My question is, if I flat top the slide (or tri-top it), will the factory Bo-Mar slide cut be too high?

I guess another way of asking the question is, if I flattopped or tritopped my slide, would it be necessary to cut the bo-mar sight cut myself in order to get it the correct height?

I really don't want to mill the bo-mar cut if I don't have to.

thanks,

Darren

Edited by ExtremeShot

Thanks guys!

I guess I was more worried that if I tri-topped/flat-topped a slide that already had the bo-mar cut, the rear sight might look goofy sitting up higher. Normally I cut off about 30 thou when flat topping...I'm wondering if the bo-mar sight cut should also be pushed down 30 thou to keep the rear sight height consistent? This will be my first Limited/ESP gun build....I didn't have to worry about sights with my past open gun builds! :)

Thx,

Darren

I see a lot of guns that left their sights where they are and started cutting fore & aft the sights. It's round topped under the stights but everything else tri topped or just flat topped. I did it to my barsto to lose a little weight. That way I didn't have to dovetail it or cut a new bomar, which I'm not good enough to do yet.