Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which internal parts for Limited?

GunslingerDK

I'm looking to make my stock gun into a race gun! I'm getting Hennings trigger and magwell (already have the xl firing pin). In regards to hammer and sear I don't know which options there are! The EGW sounds nice I would just like an alternative. I'm looking for a sub 1.5lbs trigger pull. I believe Extreme Engineering makes some descent parts, but do they have parts for Tanfoglio or is it only for 1911/2011?? Are there other manufacturers of Tanfoglio after market parts??

I'm sure there are other internal parts that can be swapped. But what are they, and what do they do??? Since I'm already getting all the other parts, I see no reason not to go all in and upgrade as much as I can.

1. Do you already use your gun as a race gun, which sport BTW? if not, start using it in competition and through use it will show what you need to change.

2. Henning is really your only source for parts...you will find his parts sold other places, but they will be Hennings parts. No other support of the platform here in the States that I know of, and Hennings stuff is so good, I dont see the need for anyone else.

3. playing devils advocate, my lightest trigger pull is 2.5-2.7lbs, and it is a nice crisp trigger..any reason for such a light trigger? I generally never hear of anyone with a sub 2lb trigger (maybe an open gun). Do you have experience with a trigger that light?

BTW, which gun do you own?

hope you find what you are looking for.

Matt

1. I shoot IPSC and not much else since I started!

2. I don't either. I recall him mentioning that he would start designing his own hammer and sear. I would prefer Hennings over the EGW any day... anyone knows when he plan on having the parts ready for sale??

3. No, not really... I just think a lighter trigger will help my accuracy. What is the definition of a "crisp" trigger?! When translation crips into danish I arrive at an entirely other place!

The gun is a Limited Custom. I run Hennings xl firing pin, sprinco buffer and 8lbs wolff spring. The sights are stock, but outlined with red stripes. Maybe I'd be better of with Hennings front sight??

As for "crisp" I think that refers to a trigger that requires little movement or preloading of the trigger before the gun fires. When you feel resistance on the trigger, anymore movement will cause it to fire. Perhaps someone else can explain it better. As for trigger pressure, many top shooter in Standard Division have triggers under 2 lbs. In fact my CZ Tactical Sport came with a 28 ounce (about 1 1/2 lbs.) from the factory, and that is a normal trigger weight for that gun as far as I understand. However, I think it is best for newer shooters to start with a heavier trigger until they are a little more experienced in the sport of IPSC, just to prevent any accidental discharges.

Edited by Dan-O-Mite

Pre-Travel as far as I know is just that pre-travel some like more then others I like some....crisp is just after the pre-travel...a crisp trigger will happen quickly once the pre travel is done...when it's not crisp and that happen with time on crisp trigger, it feel like it's dragging and just not happening. :cheers:

As far as light trigger....accidental discharge doesn't happen because the trigger is light but because the shooter finger in on the trigger..a BIG no-no as far as I'm concerned for either experience or new shooter. So new shooter with light trigger is OK as long as they control their finger properly, because AD always happen to the same guy ;):devil:

Pre-Travel as far as I know is just that pre-travel some like more then others I like some....crisp is just after the pre-travel...a crisp trigger will happen quickly once the pre travel is done...when it's not crisp and that happen with time on crisp trigger, it feel like it's dragging and just not happening. :cheers:

As far as light trigger....accidental discharge doesn't happen because the trigger is light but because the shooter finger in on the trigger..a BIG no-no as far as I'm concerned for either experience or new shooter. So new shooter with light trigger is OK as long as they control their finger properly, because AD always happen to the same guy ;):devil:

I believe I get it know :D

And I won't ask how you know AD's alway happen to the same guy B)

One last thing. The EGW hammer & sear are they the same for both small and large frame or do you have to order accordingly?

I believe I get it know :D

And I won't ask how you know AD's alway happen to the same guy B)

One last thing. The EGW hammer & sear are they the same for both small and large frame or do you have to order accordingly?

Different depending on a small or large frames (it's not me :))