Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi from New Zealand!

NatNat

Hello everyone,

I currently live in New Zealand and have started shooting IPSC a couple of weeks ago.

In Dezember 2011 i have to go back to Germany (where i come from) and maybe won't continue IPSC but that shouldn't stop me from having fun and being a member in a greate comunity!

Cheers!

Lennard

Welcome. My wife and I vacationed in the north for our honeymoon a couple of months ago. What a beautiful country. It took me almost a month to adjust back to what passes for coffee in the states. Damn, I miss my morning flash white.

Hello everyone,

I currently live in New Zealand and have started shooting IPSC a couple of weeks ago.

In Dezember 2011 i have to go back to Germany (where i come from) and maybe won't continue IPSC but that shouldn't stop me from having fun and being a member in a greate comunity!

Cheers!

Lennard

hey,welcome on the forum! it's a great community here, loaded with reloading data and shooters ready to help whatever your needs.

me and the wife will maybe move over auckland or wellington for few years in the next year or so (family related), i'm presently looking at the real estate market, would like to get a house oceanside likely around the auckland suburb.

the only thing that scare me a bit is their gun laws, very restrictive (no CCW like here)but still it's possible to be involved in the shooting sport over there.

as long as i'm allowed to have my guns at home and there's some ipsc or whatever shooting sport allowed,i'm fine.

i'd like to get a dual purpose motorbike over there, climbing near some volcanos cratters must be quite an eye opening experience.

:cheers:

the only thing that scare me a bit is their gun laws, very restrictive (no CCW like here)but still it's possible to be involved in the shooting sport over there.

as long as i'm allowed to have my guns at home and there's some ipsc or whatever shooting sport allowed,i'm fine.

Thats very funny, because I'm totally happy with the gun laws. In germany it's so mucht stricter!

You can get your "A" licence and after 6 months you "B" licence (wich allows you to store pistols at home).

They are very restrictive with so called "Milltary Style Semi Automatic Rifles", thats every rifle with either more that 7 rounds per mag or AR-15 styke stock and some other things i can't remember.

Before you are allowed to import one you have to destroy another in NZ.

I hope i haven't scared you off.

Lennard

Before you are allowed to import one you have to destroy another in NZ.

I hope i haven't scared you off.

Lennard

hmmm,yes you have :unsure: ...what's that mean?? do we realy have to crush/destroy a pistol before getting another one??

i plan to get as many pistols once there as i'm used to here,just one is very boring and lame.

is there any limit as how many pistols owned in new Z??

Edited by sigsauerfan

Sry maybe I said it misleading. The destroy stuff is for certain semi-auto rifles.

After you have got the required licence, what is not difficult but takes a while, you can get as many pistols as you want.

Wow, you live in New Zealand now. Nice place. :D

Let us know how you are doing in shooting and I hope you continue IPSC in Germany.

Yeah New Zealand is a greate country!

Sunday is the next day i can shoot... I'll tell you how i do.

The Problem with IPSC in germany is that the were no ranges were i live.

We'll see... I do my best ;-)

NatNat,

You do know that the NZ IPSC National Championships will be held in Rotorua on November 18-20th, don't you?

Also followed by a 3-Gun Match that I am really, really looking forward to. How do I know? Because I will be there :):):)

New Zealand is about to be invaded by Aussies instead of the other way around for a change. :devil:

If you can manage it it would be well worth attending. Welcome to the sport and hope to see you there.

Regards

Mumbles

ps - I will be one of the contingent from Darwin, Northern Territory (the old short one )

Wow, you live in New Zealand now. Nice place. :D

Let us know how you are doing in shooting and I hope you continue IPSC in Germany.

Yeah New Zealand is a greate country!

Sunday is the next day i can shoot... I'll tell you how i do.

The Problem with IPSC in germany is that the were no ranges were i live.

We'll see... I do my best ;-)

Thanks for your answer and shoot well on Sunday. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been wondering how you did on Sunday?

Haven't been here for a while, but i can tell ya: I got 12 of 18 in a match in production class! With 3 failures to eject and one double feed. That obviously took me 40 sec. to fix due to the lack off training.

I was 6th on the stage where i had no problems. I'm really happy with these results.