Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The ultimate commitment

sinnsyk

From the dictionary:

com·mit·ment

/kəˈmɪtmənt/[kuh-mit-muhnt]

means to show loyalty, duty or pledge to something or someone....

A real world example...

post-3780-041785600 1288374856_thumb.jpe

Thomas Samuelsen aka Sammern.

My brother from another mother, Norwegian Shooting Team buddy and partner in all things good and bad on or off the range.

Why ?

At the 2010 IPSC European Championships [we were drinking at the time] I brought some new Viking T-Shirts and Henning Competition caps for my team mates and buddies. Everyone loves the logo and the new bad to the bone Viking t-shirt. Thomas is not a person who takes things lightly and he does what he says... so he asked me right there... "what do I get if I tattooo your logo?" Without thinking about it I blurted.. [knowing what makes Thomas tick]... "I'll buy you beer for the rest of your life"

Thomas committed... and now you all know what I have committed to.

ps. Thomas later on asked if he made it 6" if it would include margharitas... I said yes. It measures exactly 6 inches. The rule states that we both have to be present for me to buy him beer and margs.

For more info on Thomas... www.sammern.com

Thomas is a very good IPSC shooter, he is a 3-time Norwegian IPSC Open Champion and has been the top Norwegian IPSC Open shooter at three IPSC European Championships and one IPSC World Championships. He also came over and shot the US Area 2 and US Single Stack nationals (where he helped me transport miniature cows from Illinois to Colorado.. but that's a different story...)

Your brother

Henning

ps. for those now ready to tattoo it, t-shirts is of course an option..

Edited by sinnsyk

wow,...that is a life long commitment. Beer for life eh? Sounds like a Canadian contractual term.LOL.... Shoot first,...then drink. I would like to say in that order only...but I have been to a few two day matches where everyone just barely makes it thru the 2nd day. LOL

My tattoo is Nov 18th,..but it is the IPSC crest in color,..right inner forearm.