Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Match... w/ Rail...Need Holster

Moss_Berg5150

Okay guys, what holsters are you running for limited and/or open? Are you modifying them in anyway to fit? Have you found speed rigs that fit this gun from the factory? I been looking around and I have heard mention of CR Speed with modification, ghost holster with modification and Blade Tech for Elites with no rail. Is this all there is and if so what mods are you using to make them fit correctly? Thanks is an advance!

For both my large frame Limited .40 (full dustcover) and small Competition frame open (short dustcover) I use one Ghost Holster. There were no mods needed at all, took it out of the box and snuggly they both fit. Realize though both of my guns have a squared trigger guard. The match you are referring too has a rounded trigger guard. I have another Tanfoglio in a small frame with the founded trigger guard, holster will not work, so I use a Bladetech DOH for a CZ-75 for that. It's old so there is no rail on it to interfere with using the DOH.

Good luck

I'm currently experimenting with modifying the insert block for the DAA Racemaster to work with a Match's rounded trigger. I got as far a trimming off enough to get the gun locked in, but there's a bit of rotation that I'm not happy with. I need to either (1) fill in extra material opposite the curve I made on the insert, or (2) add material or a set screw to the base of the locking block to push against the base front bottom of the trigger guard. I'm trying out (1) right now with the JB Weld setting overnight.

(Yeah, expensive experiment, but part of the reason I love these Tanfoglios is because they are great to tinker with.)

In the meantime, my trusty modified CR Speed WSM II serves primary duty for the Match.

I have heard that the CR Speed DOH has a version with the rail, thanks to Henning sending them his gun.

I have a Witness Elite Match in .40 that I plan on shooting in Limited division starting next month or Dec.

I was very fortunate to get a Safariland certificate from a very generous member of the USPSA NROI Instructor Corps in trade for a kilt certificate. You can figure out who I am talking about. I used it to get a free 013 competition holster. It did not fit out of the box, and I had to take the dremel to the front of the piece that holds the muzzle so it will fit the countour of the top of the slide. The rounded trigger guard seems to fit the lock fine. Pretty much everyone who uses these Safariland holsters (even with 2011 S_I guns) that I see holsters the gun, then activates the slide lock, then turns the tension adjustment knob to as tight as it will go. At this point, my gun isn't going anywhere. It is in there solid. I have shot enough with this rig to get classified and dry fired with it a bunch. I am pretty sure this is going to work.

Like skydiver says, this wouldn't be a cheap experiment ($285 MSRP or something), but I figured that I had nothing to loose, thanks to the free certificate.

Let me know if you want pictures or something. I'm off to the Gator Classic this weekend, but might be able to get some pics next week if you really want to see it. I have seen safariland certificates listed for $100 in the enos classifieds.... You might be able to find one of you go back far enought and see if the guy still has it.