Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reloading recipe

Terry Coker

does anyone have a recipe for reloading my glock 35 w/ lonewolf barrel and lonewolf compensator. i am brand new to reloading and was wondering if anyone can help me. thataway i do not have to buy a whole lot of diff. powders. if you do have one can i get like the depth and EVERYTHING. thank you, Terry Coker

The search function is your friend. there are more than likely several thousand recipes for the combination you want. First, what are you loading for? Minor or major? Try 5.6 grains (as a starting point) of Alliants Power Pistol at 1.15 OAL for a trun cone 180 grain bullet.

look at this forum

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=73

+1 on Grumpy. Run a search.

For the 40 I've been happy with Power Pistol and WSF with jacketed bullets. They meter well, are fine for the usual range of bullet weights, and are hard to double charge without getting your attention (and be sure to pay attention!).

I'm loading major and okay I will start there...and that alliants powder, which one do I need or is there only one of that kind

There are many different powders for 40. Alliants Power Pistol is the name of the powder. It's not the best. as far as soft shooting, but it works really well with a bunch of different combinations.

Your compensator will like a slow powder and light bullet. Here is an old link with some load info.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80301&st=0&p=1031951&hl=autocomp&fromsearch=1entry1031951

You state that you are new to reloading. That's fine we all start somewhere. But two things you must have...

1. Manuals

2. Chronograph

The internet is no way, shape or form, a substitute for the above.

Jim

I'm loading major and okay I will start there...and that alliants powder, which one do I need or is there only one of that kind

There are many different powders for 40. Alliants Power Pistol is the name of the powder. It's not the best. as far as soft shooting, but it works really well with a bunch of different combinations.

yup, versitile with other calibers , measures well when working up a load

Power Pistol works well. I've also found that 3.6gr and 4.6gr of Titegroup under a 180gr Montana Gold shoots real well for me. I use the 3.6 for light loads(had to change to a lighter spring too) and in my gun the 4.7 will make the power factor. Cases don't seem to matter that much. A CCI 500 small pistol primer lights it off. Gabe

Power Pistol works well. I've also found that 3.6gr and 4.6gr of Titegroup under a 180gr Montana Gold shoots real well for me. I use the 3.6 for light loads(had to change to a lighter spring too) and in my gun the 4.7 will make the power factor. Cases don't seem to matter that much. A CCI 500 small pistol primer lights it off. Gabe

You might try autocomp.

These are some major loads I have worked up for my Glock 35 with a Lone Wolf barrel Federal SP primers and Bayou Bullets. All power factors are are averaged over 6 shots.

Bullet 180gr

Powder 4.5gr VV N320

OAL 1.15

AVG PF 178

Bullet 180gr

Powder 4.6gr Winchester WST

OAL 1.15

AVG PF 177

Bullet 180gr

Powder 4.6gr HP/38

OAL 1.15

AVG PF 171

They all shoot well and are very accurate. I suggest you try your own loads though each gun is very different.My barrel does not have a comp though it is set up to run USPSA Limited.

Edited by 225 Fireman