Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester Bulk .223

D.Hayden

These bullets:

Winchester Bullets 22 Caliber (224 Diameter) 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/743083

I've only seen one post refer to these (using winchester and bulk and 223). I'm sure I missed something. They're so cheap - available almost everywhere (Dillon, etc.) at < $40 per 1K.

Are you using these for 3-Gun? How do they shoot (up to max 300yds)

I was going to use Sierra's, but my cheap side is taking over.

You aren't going to win any NRA High Power matches with them, but they are plenty good enough to practice with. And even win 3-gun matches with.

I've managed to load them to an inch at 100 yards, which should be good enough for 300 yard plates. If you feel the need for more accuracy, work up a practice load with the Win 55's, and a matching JHP Match bullet, then practice with fmj and shoot matches with the jhp.

As mentioned above, Win. FMJ ain't match quality.

Probably a bullet base thing, about any enclosed base bullet seems to shoot bettrer than any open base bullet in my experience.

If Midsouth still has any, the 60gr. Hornady TAP bullets might be worth looking at.

Got 2 MOA out of them on a really crappy day with a few loads, and I accept 1 MOA of that spread. ( 20 round groups at 100 yards )

This is a really small sample though, have not shot them but one quick time.

Did I mention they are going for $0.03 ea. in bulk ( 5K )?

Midway Dogtown bullets shoot fairly well too.

Travis F.