Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Homemade Primerloader

Youngeyes

I made a vibra primer by using a Lee hand primer and attaching with epoxy to the dillion pickup tube. I placed a cellphone vibrating motor to the Lee housing. I set up a battery box to power the large and the small units. the battery provides the vibration to move the primers to exit the pic-up tube in the correct order. Works better than any I've used before.You"ll love it. Check out the you tube for a peek. I never use the ash trey anymore.Sorry if you've seen this or just don't care but I love this thing and wanted to share ( all right just brag ) The You Tube Link Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poce5hAEPCQ

• 4 weeks later...

I just made one of these as well, but I cut a notch in a spare piece of primer tube, and then stuck the primer tube all the way through. This makes sure that the clearance and tolerances of the primer dropping hole itself are ideal. ymmv.

I made one of these for myself, and now got tasked for making several for my friends as well. Next I'm trying the Lee Pro1000 primer feed kit, which comes with one tray, one large primer trough and one small primer trough. I think the trough will make it even faster as I won't have to keep turning the thing back and forth to get primers into the short trough of the tray.

This is version one. What I like about is that a rolled up business card around the drop tube makes sticking a primer pick up tube in it super easy, but was a huge pain in the rear end to cut, file, etc to fit. It also required a pretty heafty consistent tap to get the primers to slide over the cut end of the primer tube.

utf-8BSU1BRzA4NDcuanBn.jpg

Version 2 used a Lee Pro 1000 primer trough. Not only did it not work, it tended to split down the seam.

Version 3 was much more similar to Version 1, but simply uses a Dillon clear or blue primer tube feed cotter pin bottom end thingy notched on the top end for a primer to slide in, and notched on the bottom end so that it slides on and off the top of a primer tube -- and moved it closer up the channel so that is covered by the clear primer tray. I can get pics tonight.

Edited by CiDirkona