Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Must Read

M109R

I think as posted in the original thread, molly coated rifle bullets from the 90's (which is the topic of the article) and molly coated pistol bullets we use today are very different beasts.

I think as posted in the original thread, molly coated rifle bullets from the 90's (which is the topic of the article) and molly coated pistol bullets we use today are very different beasts.

Moly without an added nutralizer is still moly no matter what decade it was made. Items with moly like greases and never seize have additives to neutralize any acidic reaction. Moly in its powdered form was and still is chemically unable to have an additive in it. Powdered moly is what is used to coat bullets by means of tumbling or being pressed in. Some Companies like BBI use it in a mix that is baked on, Ive not been given a conclusive answer as to whether or not it has an acid nuetralizer in it.

Ok you are right. There is no way that a baked on poly/moly/other coat is in any way different then some moly powder thrown over some FMJ bullets in a tumbler. I stand corrected.