Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much of an aid is airsoft

rupture

What I love about airsoft is that I can setup plate racks, shoot while moving, and other things that are impossible for me to simulate at the indoor range I go to. The kwa glock I have feels really close to my guns and the "ammo" is near free. I can also shoot plate racks while hanging out with my six year od while he shoots a little bucket I have hanging from the garage ceiling. I have become much more comfortable drawing and shooting on the move.

Working on your drive with a putter will have limited results.

Work with the gun you shoot.

Great if you can afford the cost

aka falcor

Also many pro golfers practice their drives with both practice swings (dry fire) and training aids such as weighted clubs, baseball bats, etc. (airsoft is a training aid)

• 1 month later...

I shoot a G34 in production. About 2 months ago I bought an HFC darkhawk airsoft which is very similar to a G17. I have found it to be extremely helpful for home practice. I built some target stands and a couple of times a week I set up arrays in the back yard. For me, the most helpful thing about this kind of practice is working on transitions and driving the front sight. Its also a fun way to get new shooters ready for their first match by practicing the basic rules and commands of USPSA. I love my airsoft setup!

I can say that I made master with just training with airsoft. I had a pistol built. In the mean time I spent about 6 months with an open airsoft to get the feel and index. Shot 7 matches with my real open gun. Made master because of my placing at a level 3 match which was my 7th match. I will never say it is the end all be all but it is pretty good. If you chose not to, that's great and what works for you is great. I cannot get to the range and stay attentive as a father and husband with a career. My take

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOjBJUmxNew&sns=em

This is the match that made me a Master.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=149102741824141#

Now I am in a much bigger pond and am prepared to pay my dues. Airsoft has this effect also, so really decide if you want to get better or not. It has always stuck out in my mind what Flexmoney wrote some time back like "some people don't want to get better".

• 3 weeks later...

I am fortunate to get to shoot with Phil several times a year and his commitment is almost unparalleled! The Airsoft regimen gives him the opportunity to be committed to all that he loves including his family and our great sport. I have had many conversations with people that have known him from his start in this sport and they are amazed at his progress and they to give a fair amount of credit to the Airsoft training he does!