Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Reserve High Gravity Lager

TNK

:surprise: you are a mfing gangsta! I stick to yuppie beers though I can't afford them. A cheaper beer will get you drunk and sometimes taste good(have had a ball on all types of booze :cheers: ), buuuuttt, hangovers are terrible. I work all the dang time and I am slowly trudging my way through college, and I find that the Germany Purity Laws have their hangover benefits. Warsteiner never does me wrong!

Luke

"never tried Steel Reserve due to his lack of steel reserve"

What is it?

Where can I get it? :cheers:

Any decent package store would sell it. It is an American malt liquor. Malt liquor gets little respect because of the idea that it is marketed to poor people as a cheap way to get drunk fast. Yet, it is a strong lager that compares favorably with European versions of the same beer that are more expensive. Steel Reserve is 8.1% alcohol content. It is easy to drink, much like champagne, so it should be taken in moderation. I sip it from a wine glass after decanting it to release some of the carbonation. The 24 ounce can serves two people nicely. Drink more than that amount, and you will know it the next day with a headache that will not quit. I know it is fashionable to run down malt liquor, but I like a strong lager. As along as you understand a little goes a long way everything is good.

Edited by Trevor

Never be ashamed of the beer you drink. Its all good, but its true some is better than others. I myself like malt liquer in moderation. My brother in laws used to call me a beer slut because I used to show up at the lake for the weekend with whatever cheap beer I found on the way out of town. :cheers::roflol: