Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock, Legal For Production ??

iron guns rule

So in Australia I cant use an STI in IPSC? Im confused  :huh:

Of course you can, but not in Production Division. Your choices with an STI in Australia (and the rest of the world) are Open, Standard and Modified Divisions (in the USA, it's Open, Limited and Limited 10).

mulder,

Equipment is divided into five Divisions.

Each match is like five matches rolled into one.

You only shoot for score against the people that are in the same division that you are (which means they use similar equipment).

here are the IPSC Divisions:

- Revolver: your standard 6 rounds from a wheel gun

- Production: Guns with a double-action type of trigger (Glocks, Sigs, Berettas, etc.), with very few modifications allowed. Everything scores Minor power hits (9mm friendly).

- Standard: Common equipment would be a gun with a single-action trigger, a double column mag (for more capacity), shooting bullets of 40 caliber (or bigger) so that they qualify to make Major Power...and are scored as such.

- Open: Very few restrictions. This is where you will see guns with red dot optics mounted to them, and compensators/ports on the end of the barrels to help tame recoil. These guns are almost always custom made. They are fast, accurate and easy to shoot. High speed all the way.

- Modified: Kinda like Open guns that have been left in the dryer too long. They are allowed to have Optics and ports, but they must be able to fit all of that inside of a regulation sized "box".

I hope that helps some (others can likely give better definitions)

Again, realize that each match is like 5 matches rolled into one. You only shoot for score against those with equipment that meets the rules of you division. So...if you have a 9mm Glock...you won't have to go up against one of the "Star Wars" guns that they shoot in Open division.

It's not as complicated as it may seem. The thing to do is to show up at a match and talk with those running the match. Let them know you are new to the sport. They will take good care of you and help you in a friendly and positive manner. Bring the gear youi have...they'll get you squared away!

(IPSC is about the most fun you can have shooting a gun. You'll learn a lot...no matter what age you are. And, you'll make new friends for life.)

Mulder, your Trojan is legal in Standard Division. This means you will compete against Paul Langley (when he isn't falling over), also against Paul Jordan who shoots a Trojan Murray Bignel depending upon which gun he shoots on the day, also Stu Colibee, Chris Collum, and abot 30 others at a given match. Standard is still the most popular Division in Australia, most shooters use some variant of an STI pistol, either single or double stack, with a decent number using single action Tanfoglios, Bul M5s & Para Ordnance. There are also a few Kimbers, Springfield Armoury and Glock 34s being shot.

Ken

Thanks Flexmoney for your reply it is very much appreciated. Thanks too Rad. I didnt know you frequented this forum but hey its good to hear from you as always. I contacted Mathew to get a mag well for the trojan and from what I was told it will still be a standard gun as it will fit in the box.

I know IPSC shooters are great people. I visited one match in Newcastle and I asked that many questions of one poor women I thought she may have clocked me on the head to stop me talking and asking stuff. Dee ( her name ) answered all my questions, let me look at her baby (STI) and asked others for answers if she didnt know the answers herself. I had a great afternoon!

We also saved a pommy from heat stroke and I think one person ( we wont mention names Kent oops) was only worried what time Beer O'Clock was.

Try walking into another sport and be treated like a family member, usually you are treated like a leper.

Great people shooters!

Thanks again all

David

wow! the new tanfog stock will surely give the cz sp01 tactical very good competition!

Luca, do you know if the new long dustcover stock ihas the same mag capacity of 18+1 like the new cz?

EC, I can only guess the gun will have the same old Stock capacity, i.e. 17+1.

BTW folks, do the pics work now? I'm able to see them, but might be my computer cash memory.