Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coming Back to USPSA Open

BillChunn

Not actually a beginner but new to this site so this is a little bit about me.... Started shooting USPSA competition in 1993, got burned out as a CRO and club director. Took up Service Rifle and then Long Range competition. Gravitated back to Glock shooting and GSSF for a bit and then recently picked up 3-Gun. Saw that my pistol skills had deteriorated and went back to my "home" club again. The guy that I had sold my open gun to was not using it anymore and I asked if I could buy it back. He agreed (as it had been sitting in his safe for three years) and it was like greeting an old friend. Got it cleaned up and scrounged up some ammunition that didn't look too ancient.

Am able to practice on Tuesdays and Saturdays so knocking off the rust should not take too long. Ran a modified Bill Drill (hands at sides, not at surrender) last night in 2.11 seconds with all "A" hits from 5 yards so maybe the skill set is not too far gone. The same core group of friends are still at the club and it is fun to be back, laugh and joke around about how certain things never change.

Now I just have to get the rust cleaned off the Dillon and start reloading ammo.

HH

Edited by HoldHard

That's great! Start pressing out some loads and have a "blast"!!!!

Jan

Thanks for the warm welcome. The Dillon .38 Super die set, toolhead, powder check and dispenser are scheduled to arrive on Friday. We setup this Sunday's match on Saturday and some people try and shoot through after setup is complete to work out any bugs. I'd shoot on Sunday but I'm already entered into the 3-Gun at another club (Livingston). Will be using the Open gun at both events so it looks like a busy Friday night on the Blue press. :)

Looks like the .356 bullet availability has gone down since my last purchase about 5 years ago... Will be scouring the 'Net for either Zero or Montana Gold bullets as soon as I run out of the 1,000 Hornady HAP that arrived today.

HH